Combines main drive belt

Nemotr

Are you shelling cornIJ Cobs sometimes throw up into belt and damage the bands. It surely isn't the same problem I used to have with an old 70. The belt would vibrate when holding the ground speed back and move over one v on the pulley thereby forcing the inside band up on the raised part of the pulley ruining the inside band. Finally placed a guide on top of the belt to reduce the whipping of the belt just before entering the main pulley. Never any more problems with that part of the combine.

AAPIII

That is what the dealer thinks is happening or the ilder arm is flexing causeing the belt to get off one "V", as far as cobs go. why no problem for two years and then twice in the matter of a couple of weeksIJ

Shane_IN

The neighbor had a TR95 do the same thing. His had the idler arm pin and bushing wore out and would let it shake enough to vibrate the belt off. Might want to check that too. I grease mine every day to avoid that problem.

Nemotr

Well if it is climbing over then you might get frustrated enough to do what we did on the old 70. We took a piece of 4 or5" angle about 6" long and welded a piece of 1"square tube to it to extend it from the frame enough so the side angle keeps it from climbing over the grooves and the top just misses the top side of the belt. Once in position welded it to the frame( I tolds you I was frustrated). Positioned it as close to problem pulley as possible with out rubbing pulley. Then welded a support angled from top of angle to frame and welded it in place. Figured it would be hard on back side of belt but lasted a long time. And yes, you can run on three bands. We've done this on an 86 all year.

Ilnewholland

I just had one come apart on my TR99 also today. We are running in mud and putting a lot of power to spin the tires. I think I let mine get to looseIJ It needs to be tight by the spring guide. They will need to be checked for a few days after you replace with new as they may need to be made tighter.