Combines TR 98 fire

Ilnewholland

I had that happen on a TR 97 I had. Material just packed in there real tight. Only thing I did was blow it out with air often. Don't wash it out, that seems to only make it pack tighter. Make sure the two holes are open so material can fall out.

NHD

Are you sure that the shaft on the roller has not broken loose from the drumIJ This allows the roller to rub. The metal usually breaks out if you have the twisted belt too tight. Otherwise, I can't remember ever having trash wedged in there.

Stormin_Normin

Take the holes on the plate that the bearing mounts to and connect them. There is two sets oneach side.Simply cut out the metal in between the two.It will give a bigger opening for the chaff to spin out instead of building up.

Burnt

Thanks for your help. Will connecting the two holes to make them larger be enoughIJ I blew it out with air once and was in the field less than an hour and it was too hot to touch. The roller is at the dealers now, he says he's never heard of the problem.

Mjay

The weld holding the shaft to the roller broke on my 99 after about 300hrs. It did not start any fire, all it did was rattle. I could see how that could make sparks though.