Combines post havest update cr 970

Shane_IN

Why would Roundup Ready wheat be harder to cut than nonIJ Ever had another machine have problems with the RR wheatIJ

NHD

In general I can see where you are coming from, but can you be a little more specificIJ For example "the chaff spreader is crap"There have been a number of very good improvements by dealers, owners, service people and even combine operators on this site this fall. I'm happy you have a good attitude about it all.I'm wondering what area's you have been operating inIJ It might give us a better idea as to how to take what you are saying about the CR's shortcomings.

en

sprayed preharvest roundup,for easy treashing but still short on power. chaff only spread 7 feet at full speed.

MJAY

Are you talking about wheat that has had a Pre harvest treatment of roundup, or roundup ready wheatIJ I have combined lot of wheat with the pre harvest round up on it and thought it thrashed alot easier.

FR

That Iveco engine needs to be set at 500hp mines at 440 but still not good enough for tough conditions keep the presure on New Holland and maybe we will get some updates.

Stormin_Normin

Just a quick questionIJ What gear are you running in and what ground speed are you travelingIJ Do you have a grain tank extension on it alsoIJ

Trking

We have tried a prototype chaff spreader on the 970 and were spreading up to 36 feet. We are in northern Saskatchewan and had frozen wheat that was hard to thrash.

G

What type of chaff spreader are you running, is it a chaff spreader or blowerIJ I have had trouble with all my chaff blowers, the plastic coupler between the orb motors wears out and the steel sprockets also wear. Any slippage in these couplers will cause the chaff not to blow into the chopper.