Combines Feederhouse chain update

Ilnewholland

That sounds a lot better than taking the feeder house off. I have had TR's for 27 years now and used to think I knew all about them. Found this web site and seen that I still have a lot to learn. Why is your chain jumpingIJ I had that problem a few years ago when we had 35 bpa corn. Seems I had some very small ears that would make the chain jump. I had to over tighten the chain some to stop it, but it still jumped a few times. I think a new chain would of fixed it maybeIJ Ilnh

Nemotr

Not sure why but figure we were letting the chain get too loose. It usually shows up after we've ran in some tough feeding conditions. Not much of a problem with the newly aquired knowledge from this board. We do loosen the spring on the side we are working on. With the reverser lever its an easy fix.

ahbecalm

A John Deere owner posted advice to attach a string to the bolt for easy retrieval. On our Gleaner I shaped and fastened to the torque tube, gussets to prevent cobs from falling on the chain. Cob on the chain is the operative phrase here.