Combines CR being returned to dealer in SW Ontario

Rockpicker

Happened here too. local farmer returned a CR and now is running a JD 9860 STS. What made him return it was the fact that he had to hire out custom cutters to take his crop off while it took 2-3 weeks for parts to arrive from Europe.

farmert

can't beleive any part would take that long in the modern worldIJ

Ilnewholland

What parts come from EuropeIJ The only ones I can think of would be engine parts. All the other parts I think are made in USA on the CR's. Most of my dealers around here will take parts off of a another new combine to get you going again. A good dealer can make a big difference on how you like a combine. I see no need not to have parts in 2-3 days at the most. Sometimes all they have to do is talk to the right people someplace and a lot can happen. If it did take 2-3 weeks for parts at harvest time I would not be happy also. I would be looking for a new dealer. Ilnh

NHD

It is really sad that things like this have to happen. It is hard for me to believe that they couldn't get the part off another combine somwhere. My suggestion would be to contact harvest support immediately even if you have contacted the dealer service. I did have a strange thing happen last summer. I had the beater shaft wobbling on my TR-99 so I decided to replace it because it was shaking the clean grain elevator pretty bad. Well, you can't get the shaft out without torching the beater. We ordered a beater on wed. by overnight UPS by air from Omaha. Well thursday morning Burlington Colo. was socked in with fog.Fri. mornin the same thing A tracer couldn't find it till sometime Sat in Moline Il. Needless to say I was ^n@*. Anyway we ordered a second beater on Monday for Tues. delivery and it did show up. End of story!

Rockpicker

It wasn't a problem with the dealer because the owner and the customer were both complaining about the lack of support from NH. They couldn't rob parts off of another combine because they didn't have any. They sold 3 and after last year's harvest 2 of them ended up back on the lot.

FR

This sounds like a 8010 problem I wonder who is building these combines thats funny all 2388s people love them but when NH entered the picture everything went to hell!

kip

How is it possible to return a combine after you have bought and paid for itIJ Do they get all their money back. Who pays for the hours on the machine. If this is the case I'll just try a new machine every year and return it when I'm done.

JHEnt

Actually nearly all CR parts are made in Belgium. In the past when parts were not availible in a warehouse I have found that if you try hard enough NH will pull the parts out of preassembly supply and ship them to the dealership. As you say a good dealer is worth alot.

Andrew

large operators do have some power over dealers when they have a lot of equipment from one dealer. The dealer doesn't want to loose all the business it has with that farmer.