Combines CR being returned to dealer in SW Ontario

nel

i totally agree with you.....kip.i don_t think there is such a thing as returning your combine if there is i want in on it too...i bought a new 2004 cr 970 last harvest i tell u..it is one hungry machine.......know trouble with it not a bit........i had a ride in a new john deere no offence anybody...if you like to listen to drums beating underneathe you all day buy a john deere...and capacity not even close to to a cr970...nel

CNHTEK

Do you know whay he wasnt happyIJ was it due to feeding problems, the feeder house slip clutch rattling all the timeIJ If so I have a solution to the problem. The stone door on all CR's is set too low and it is non adjustable, there is a lip that the door closes against that must be cut off, then the latch has to be cut off and welded lower to allow the door to sit higher than the feeder house floor. This prevents the crop from balling up and sending in wads of material.

Cowboy

I've heard of Deere owners have similar problems but they don't think of returning them because that would be too hard to live down.

NHD

Horray for you! I happen to agree with you! I drove my son's 9500 this fall and I'll never get over the racket and the dust coming out the feederhouse. My biggest concern was and is the uneven feeding. I cntinuously held my breath worrying that the next rumble was going to slug it whch it did often. I've never operated a better more effecient machine than the CR940.

AGCOfan

Is it Great lakesIJ They've had a CR960 on thier lot for some time now. Havn't gotten rid of it. Maybe it was that one and it's going back. My guess is Great lakes or Roberts. Take care, Nathan

trman

We had a cr 960 rented from Great lakes New Holland and returned it after we were done corn. There is another guy in the area the has one that they are not happy with but they use the combine like an army tank so anything that they say about it should take with a grain of salt.