Combines CR V CX

R72

Is your local dealer in brandon. If it is he likes to push the CX over the CR's

sunnyboy

Not brandon but well its all the same isn't it whole m group, they reckon 85% of new will be cx. looking at this site they are not many around. Spoke to one guy that runs a cr970 not real impressed when the roter belt rips off flaps around and does damage got that problem now. Would like to hear from guys runing CR_CX in my conditions, also has anyone ran competitor machines against them.

G

I run CX machines and can tell you that they are a well built machine that can harvest very well in extreme conditions (ie. heavy straw, wet.) Fuel consumption is less then a other conventional and rotary machines. As far as reliability, they are comparable to the competition. Where they do stand out is in bearded crops like barley, against other conventional machines, 20-50% more capacity. In wheat and canola they will still out perform competition, this is because of the design of the machine.

sunnyboy

Thanks for the coments what size of cx do you run and do you like the chaf blower set up i see now you can get them with the cr spreders now . do you know anyone using redikop chopers.

Northern

I wonder if you ever comparied a CX to a 460 Cat. Cat no longer produces a wide walker machine. The CX might be a good way to go.

G

I run CX 840s. I have them equiped with the chaff blowers but have encountered problems with the coupler between the blower and hydralic drive. The plastic coupler wears out and also the metal gears that they couple to wear out. The NH tech said this is the first year for the couplers to wear like this, they feel that the supplier may have changed materials. Another problem with the chaff blowers is that they put additional wear on the chopper knives. I wore out 1 side of the knife in about 200 hours. With the additional dust and chaff hitting the knife it seems to reduce the life drasticly. Chaff spreader may be the way to go. I have installed the wing knives in the chopper to get better straw spread and noticed that they do work very well in tough straw conditions and do help overall in dry straw conditions. We installed 1 kit per machine, which is about 16 paddled knives. As for the Redikop chopper, I dont have any experience with it, but the paddle knives that we installed are the same type of product that they install.

G

I have demoed the 460 and felt it did not have the capacity of the 840. Part of the problem with the Cat is parts availability, product support and most of all resale.

CNHTEK

There are really only two things to consider when deciding between the CR and CX, Sale pice and Straw management. If you plan to bale straw, the Cx is by far the better machine, and they are a little more fuel efficient, but the CR will do a beter job of grain handling. All of the little problems with the cR's have relatively simple solutions, exept one. The feeding issue takes a little bit of work to correct, but once all these problems are worked out I think that they are a suerior machine. There is a way to move the rotor variator hose and the wiring harness out of the way of the rotor belt, just in case it blows off. you have to replave the steel line and the rubber hose to the rotating union with a flexable hose and reroute it along the bottom of the hopper and bring it down under the variator sheive. the wiring harness should have an angle bracket infront of it, remove it and tie the wires back further underneitht the hopper and reinstall the sheild. The problem with the feeding is caused by the stone trap door. It sits too low allowing for crop to ball up in the feeder house and plug the feeder chain. To correct this cut the door latch and the lip the door sits on off, then reweld the latch in a position that allows the door to sit 1_8" to 1_4" higher than the feederhouse floor. This greatly improves capacity, especially in viney crops such as Canola and peas as they tend to ball up faster than a stalky crop. I heard about this from a guy who had his repaired by Farm World in Kinistino, SK. Apparently the difference was amazing.

humpo

I have run a Redekop MAV this year on a CR970. It is excellent compared to the NH set up of chopper and chaff spinners. Spreads 36-40 feet. Much more room to access the seives etc and can lay a windrow of straw with out blocking up.

Pilgrim

Try one in every crop if you can. Flax for example. CX is one of few that will drop straw and spread chaff. We do our flax in 60' rows swaths for straw management but chaff spreading is essential then (even if you don't think it is on smaller widths). Also handles 60' better than anything I've seen. Had two neighbours here this fall for a while, a 9760STS and a CR960, just to try the 60'. Gleaner R62 couldn't do it. They're all great machines and each has their advantages. It's just hard to compare running them for a while in one crop, cause you only get a part of the story. A large dealer near me told me they're going to start pushing the CX based on what they've seen over the past few seasons.