Combines CR V CX

tiny

how would a cx compare to a 2388 we would like something else to bale behind but dont want to give up reliabilty. Tried a 8680 but didnt like the looks of machine.

tobaboy

Did your MAV run the chaff through the chopperIJ If so I was just curious how it worked for you in canola, we had to pull ours off of our 480r and put the factory wide-spread back on; the canola was back-feeding causing our sieves to plug.

Pilgrim

Don't have much experience with CaseIH, but we are trying to sell a TX right now and just heard of a guy looking who has a 2388 and bought a TX. He ran them together this year and now wants another TX - that's where I hope to help!!

tv140

The MAV's that I have seen on CR combines have paddle knives on both of the outer rows of the rotor. This improves spread width.

tobaboy

Yes thats right, but they are much different then the hooked knives on an STS or CAT (redekop) wide-spread. The paddle knives as you call them don't do any chopping, but function more like fan blades they are housed in a squirrel cage and create the velocity needed to achieve spreads of 36-40ft.

humpo

Yes we run the chaff through the chopper. We are harvesting Canola at the moment. No apparent problems. Still Spreads well. 30 feet.

G

I dont agree with you. I have Mav choppers, they come with stock serated knives. I required wider straw spread, so New Holland gave me wide spread kits to solve the problem. All the kit consists of is a knife with a paddle or a wing on one side of it, the other side is a cutting edge. A kit contains 8 pairs of knives installed on 2 rows of the chopper. They look like the same product that Redekop puts in their chopper. And by the way, they are not housed in a squirrel cage and they do chop.

JHEnt

Isn't the new stone trap door supposed to be made that wayIJ Warranty is supposed to pay for the new door to be installed on all older CR machines. Or have you heard on feeding problems with the new doorIJ