Combines High wear and low hours

newh

I have almost 1400 hrs on a tx 66 and still have original rub bars and but replaced feeder chain at 900 hrs. AT 900 hrs this represents about 10000 acres so this seems to be very reasonable to me. My John deere is very similar I have had NH combines since 1988 and have still found them to take less maintanance dollars than my John deere's. One thing a guy should check the back straw flow beater on the tx on the right side. There is a small crack that develops around the hub on the inside. If any New Holland people are reading, It would be nice to see them come up with a refurbish program for some issues.

tx68

Where does one see this crackIJ Is it in the sheet metal around the bearing retainer or is it in the hub itself. Jim

newh

You have to take the cover off under the grain tank and the crack is the hub inside the machine

tx68

I checked mine today and did not see what you were talking about. I looked in the parts book and all I could come up with was that my combine does not have a straw flow beater. It did not really show but does this go behind the rotary seperator over top the front of the straw walkers. I found it in the dealer installed accessories section of the parts book. What does the straw flow beater doIJ Ours is setup for corn beans wheat.

newh

What I am referring to is the big beater or secondary threshing cylinder. On tx 66 combines they start with your main cylinder, then then a smaller beater and then the main straw flow beater and then a smaller beater. I am wondering if the new cx combines have a similar system or are they heaavier. I know many tx 66's develop a crack on the hub in the right [driven side of the combine] This is easily fixed if caught soon enough but should be part of ones' checkover procedure.