Combines 04 combine report and Machinery link

Ilnewholland

I don't know how it would work for you all, but for me that would be about $10,000 a year more than my combine payment is. I could still have a lot of repairs and be cheaper. But then I have to have shed room and pay insurance on it year around. So it may be 6 of one and half dozen of the otherIJ I can see if someone needs a 2nd combine for a short time or picked up a lot of rented ground for a short peroid of time it may work out. I guess to each his ownIJ I think about 10 years ago I could of rented a new New Holland TR 97 for $90 per sep hour for 3 months. Do they still do thatIJ Ilnh

NHD

IlNH, I dont think they do that anymore. I took advantage of that system quite a few years. The deaer leased the combine out the first year and then I traded for it th next year. NH finally put the pressure on to end it. NH aso had a lease to own program fo awhile that worked for me once. A few times before that I run a TR-96 about 1800 hours then the dealer couldn't find a buyer for it. So I don't know what the answer is. I guess it's better to trade every 600-1,000 hrs and pay as you go rather than try to run one until it's paid for and then it's not worth anything on trade. Trading often also helps you keep up with technology. I found that out by keeping two TR-75's too long. I agree with you about the Machinery link concept being ok, but expensive.