Combines NH 96C corn head height control

JHEnt

That must be some sort of aftermarket system. The system for the CR machines only uses a pot on each outside snoot. There is no 3rd sensor. It would be good if someone did make a adapter box that would let you use the potentiometer system on corn heads or 74C heads on a TR without having to change the whole sensor system over to the old style. As I recall the pot resistance on the cornheads both lower as the head is dropped against the ground while on the grain head one pot voltage goes up while the other goes down. The CCM on the CR works only because it has to know what head type is installed. That would make the adapter box more complicated but I'm sure it could be done. I just havn't heard of any companies building anything yet. jhent51@hotmail.com

NHD

jhent. I'm sorry I can't verify that the system I described is NH. I observed the sensors under the snouts and they looked like the NH ones used when the head was on a CR. I had looked at them before. I will check it out the first of the week. I do know that they worked very good on the TR-99.

NHD

JHEnt, You are right the height control on that cornhead is a "Headsight". The dealer and I discussed the subject today. The headsight system uses potentiometers which is compatible with the CR's and the other newer brands too. Headsight now has a height control that is made for rigid heads and flex-heads in the rigid mode. I don't really like it because I can just see the sensing rod getting bent or broken when you back up or turn when cutting around the field and cutting round corners. Headsight has pictures on their web sight.

langhofer

The Headsight standing grain system use a polyeurathene sensing arm. This allows the arm to bend and flex in the field without damaging the system nor the header. It includes a cable that helps prevent damage to the sensor arm and becasue it is poly it can be bent back into shape. Yes there is a slight possibility of breaking or bending them especially in very hot weather. The alternative is to use a heavy strong steel. This would endager something else on the sensing unit or worse the header when backing up. Each sensor inludes an extra arm and they are not a very expensive replacement part. I am a Headsight employee and was just brousing around and noticed this post. I would be happy to discuss this more if there is any interest and provide names of satisfied customers and custom harvesters. Contact me at 574.546.5022 or info@headsight.com. Craig