Combines OPERATORS NEEDED FOR NEW CR960 s 2005 HARVEST SEASON

AGCOfan

Mighty tempting. I'm planning on going on one in 2006. I run a TR88 at work and don't think to highly of it. The CRs really that goodIJ Not too many people around here have had good luck with them. Take care. Nathan

Ilnewholland

Most years we have 400-500 acres of our own wheat to combine on our farm. This fall was very wet and we didn't get any acres planted. Just will not seem right not having any wheat to cut. This will be the first time in my Dads 45 years of farming that he will not have wheat to combine. I have been thnking that maybe I should go cut wheat with somebody this summer. I could only do it for a few weeks as that would be the most I could get away from spraying and hay baleing. I have a big truck with hopper bottom trailer I could bring along. Would there be any use for someone like meIJ Be nice to drive a CR960 that I don't have to pay for. Ilnewholland

pete

What do not like about the Tr88IJ What combine do you compare it tooIJ pete

AGCOfan

Oh i'm not comparing it to any other combine. Theres alot of things I don't like about it. The forward_reverse lever I don't care for. Hard to find neutral at times. I have to hit it with my palm to go ahead just a little where as in the Deeres or Gleaner I can push it ahead and it doesn't go up a mile and hour or so. The seat isn't comfortable. After a few hours my back hurts. No matter what we do in beans we can't get a good sample unless the pods are real dry. I don't like those types of augers. Running a 674 Brent beside it you hit the auger on the littlest shift of the combine. But I guess you can blame the roll tarp which ads another 12" with the extensions. My boss spent 10k on it this year. It's a 6yr old machine also. In corn it did a good job and was nice too run. That's about it. When things are dry it not bad. Take care, Nathan