Combines Can I buy a TX66 in the USIJ

Rockpicker

I wouldn't know how a 9600 compares because I never had considered the TX.

steve_farmer

There are 2 TX66's for sale with RWD in Thief River Falls, Minnesota.

Cowboy

Probably they weren't keeping them full and were blowing it out.I've seen them do heavy barley crops at 7mph and make the 9600 look like a joke.The dealers used to demo them in barley and the Jd dealers would not show up when they heard a Tx would be there.

M

This was a "New Holland" field day. All the techs, and sales people were their watching it. They were pushing these things close to 10 mph. But hey..that`s all right, just as long as you can get done fast...and oh ya don`t look behind it either. That`s a joke.

Cowboy

Well I look behind my combine all the time and I've looked behind the 9600's I've combined with and there is no comparison.The 9600's throw everything over the walkers .I also know trying to pick up light swaths at those speeds result in big time losses at the pick up.

M

If TXs were so great don`t you think there would be alot more of them aroundIJ I`ve seen them sell at auctions almost 2:1 in dollars compared to a 9600 with the same hours.

Rockpicker

7 mphIJIJIJ He had to be throwing some over. Must have been 20 bu barley. Neighbor had a custom cutter with a couple of CXs and a JD 9660 STS last year and they weren't doing 7 mph in his malt barley. The STS had a better sample but thats because its a rotary. Conventionals don't seem to do as good in barley as any rotary in my opinion.

Cowboy

There are different reasons, one being the number and location of dealerships and another I've seen with friends who have demoed and like NH is Deere will do Anything to keep them from switching.I also know many Deere owners who will not purchase anything but Deere no matter how bad a piece it is.Don't get me wrong JD is a good company and has made a lot of good equipment,they have also sold lines of machinery they bought and painted green that many of their loyal customers would have shunned without the green paint.They have also made their fair share of lemons. I have a cousin that bleeds green and owns all JD machinery except for his combines.That's one thing he said even he wouldn't touch.

M

There are other reasons as to why I would choose a 9600 over a TX, but this is a NH page. As for your other comments that is a two sided coin. Yes they have painted over colours, but you can still see a difference. A classic example of this is Macdon. JD has made their own swathers all along but they just didn't sell here (Sask) because of the price tag. New Holland has done the same thing. The local NH dealership here will do ANYTHING to get guys out of the green. It's funny the few used JDs on their lot sell faster than the used NHs do, but not locally. A salesman got in big trouble a couple of years ago because he sold a used JD 4wd tractor to close to home.

Cowboy

Barley was doing 65 bus_acre and 30' swaths. A lot depends upon conditions and how the combine is set ,sometimes the conventional will out perform a rotary and usually over a wider range of conditions.