Combines 7300JD or 850 Claas

fx45

What kind of problems are you haveingIJ I have a friend who has a claas. The only problem I know he has is in real green corn and wet corn, he has problems with the processor plugging.I guess other than that he has good luck with it. As for the JD the neighbor is on his 2nd 7400 in two years and have heard he has had alot of problems with it.By the way where are you located atIJ

FX_30

The main problem isthe engine and hydralics overheat it gets that hot the engine will shut down. You can unplug hyd.oil temp sensors to shut off the buzzer,not much you can do when engine stops.Radiator is clean to many hydralics not enough cooling. Chop quality is not as good as with older model and I am having a hard time getting the leaves all cut never had that problem before. Iam also not happy with the power it is suposed to have 50 more hp then the 28 i traded it takes about 16 gal of fuel per hour way to much for the power that i lack.I am located in s central PA

fx45

Someone local had a 28 he came over this fall and rode in ours and he could not believe the power difference between a 28 and a 45. The cutter head on the 28 turns 900 RPMs the cutter head on a 45 turns 1200 RPMs,that makes a real difference.I believe the JD and the claas both turn 1200 also.So compairing 28 to them would be like compairing apples to oranges. Doesn't A 30 turn 900 alsoIJ Does your 30 have A adjustable fanIJ Ours does,and had it on the wrong pitch and did not cool right. I have a friend who is a New Holland tech and has helped us alot.

FX_30

What is an adjustable fan dont know about that one. I started out with a 900 rpm with 8 knives in my 28 but alaways had trouble processing. Got my 30 set up with 900 rpm and 12 knives and hyd processor. Had trouble procssing so we put on a belt drive processor and still had same problem.Then we swtiched to a 1200 cutterhead then we could at least process but we were still have chop quality issues. Tired of fighting with a machine that used to work fairly well expect for a little processing trouble depending on the corn. The belt drive processor and 1200 work good to process but I cant always be behind the competion we are in avery copetitive area.

FX_30

What is an adjustable fan dont know about that one. I started out with a 900 rpm with 8 knives in my 28 but alaways had trouble processing. Got my 30 set up with 900 rpm and 12 knives and hyd processor. Had trouble procssing so we put on a belt drive processor and still had same problem.Then we swtiched to a 1200 cutterhead then we could at least process but we were still have chop quality issues. Tired of fighting with a machine that used to work fairly well expect for a little processing trouble depending on the corn. The belt drive processor and 1200 work good to process but I cant always be behind the competion we are in avery copetitive area.

fx45

I'm going to get a hold of my mechanic and I will get back to you.He knows these things inside and out.We had problems with it over heating once and when I talked to him on the phone he was talking about adjustable fan, I thought maybe when he came he must have changed it.What dealer did you buy it fromIJ

FX_30

I bought it at Messicks in Elilabethtown PA I think they are one of the top 5 NH dealers in the country they are also a large Miller Pro dealer.There mechanics know these choppers very well and they dont like some of the things that are happening,not getting support from NH.Up until this year I have been very happy with there service they do what it takes to get you going until now. Seems like there not getting the support from the company. last fall I was calling them almost every day with problems and questions about some of my problems and possible fixes. Service manager said he put in for technical asistantance and he never got back to me with any suggestions on what to do or try to make this thing work. I got the feeling I was on my own,we tryed everything different speeds on the cornhead, length of cut, new shear bar, more and less spring tension on the feed rolls. I have a few theories as to how to make it run cooler but im not sure about chop quality.I think it has something to do with the hyd drive feed rolls and the suspension drive. They are planning to use that system on there new machine hope they get it perfected before it comes out. Seems like there is a missing link some were between the service manager and the right people at NH very frusturating from my point. I've been happy in the past with 2 previuos machines maybe i should give them another chance.

fx45

I have heard the are haveing problems with the KP in the new ones. We live about 4hrs north of messicks.we have had pretty good luck with ours,but they all break!!!!!

FX_30

FX45 what town are you in, are you still in PA or in NY. I only live about 15 miles from Messicks, do you deal with themIJ In this area there is one other new machine with the same set of problems. I know that they all brake the same some just more than others. Did you have a good year I suppose from your name you are running an old reliable 45. Guess they had some troubles to when they frist came out. Are you a custom cutter or do you have a dairy. Do you attend the meeting that Messicks have every springIJ I do all custom work operating within about a 50 mile radius of lancaster PA.

fx45

FX30, We live in Bradford Co. Pa.Yes we run a 45 we have most of the "8" series up dates on it.We only run 6 knives in it. We have turned the rpms up a little so the cutter head runs around 1250.My friend said he could turn the pump up a little but most days we don't know if it's necessary.In hay(first cut)it would help.We custom cut and have a small dairy farm. We sold the dairy cows last May and was raising heifers until november.It is different not having the animals on the farm.We did keep a steer.Some day we may have animals again. Milking cows and trying to custom cut was becoming to much.Yes we deal with Messicks alittle for parts.We bought it origanaly from Cortland NY,but they have changed hands and the one mechanic that left is a friend of ours so with the help of him we do all the work ourselves.We were in 5 different counties this year,so we do alot of traveling too.We bought an old trailer we want to convert into a Harvester trailer.Do you use live bottoms or dump boxesIJ Do you pull a cart or chop directIJ