Combines looking for information on the TX line of combines

tx68

We use it for beans corn and wheat. It does a very good job without cracking beans. Great combine. Try to get one with the adjustable face plate to hook up the header. That allows a closser cut to the ground in soys. If it does not have the high inertia bars in the cylinder, put them in. Parts are usually 24 hours to get. Closest NH combine dealer does not keep alot of parts on hand for the TX. But I have not needed anything urgent for the past couple years. This year was very trouble free for ours. Broke the bracket on the top of the bubble up auger bearing holder. Broke a belt on the chaff spreader in corn. Broke a carrage bolt on the swing arm for the feeder housing chain. Welded bracket. Ignored the belt no big deal in corn. Replaced carrage bolt with a regular bolt which is probably stronger. Monitor was up to 23 acres per hour in crapy beans and 5 acres per hour in tough hard to cut beans. Had to go slow due to the knife not cutting well after a rain. Best feature of the combine is its ability to thrash when the straw is tough. We usually harvest each field (beans and wheat) the very first day the test is good so I am usually in less than perfect conditions. Very fuel efficient. Usually 2 or 3 days on a tankful. Usually quit at night when I am tired and not because I cant go no more although it is slower going. Quite a lot of greasing to do each day. A battery grease gun will help alot. One with a nice long hose on it. I liked our old mf860 alot but this tx is much better in every way.

Pilgrim

tx68 has said it well. They are not perfect but a very good machine. We've owned 4 before a CX. There were a number of changes in the 98 and later models which made them better in my opinion but they're all good machines.

Masseyfan

Thanks guys for the info , just a couple more questions , do the electronics give much trouble ,and some say the flex heads don't work right with these combinesIJ