Combines What was the lIST PRICE of a new TR70IJ

Ilnewholland

Good questionIJ I don't remember for sure but we got our first TR70 in 1977 and I think the price was a little over $50,000.00 Sure wish we could buy new combines for that price again. O well at least our corn, soybeans and wheat price is a lot more now............not. Ilnh

Big_Al

I don't know what the list price was in 1975 when they first came out but according to my Iron Solutions Guide the last factory list price for a TR70 in 1979 was $45278.00 that price would not have included any heads so $50000.00 sounds about right for a combine with a rigid head. Just curious why would you like to know the priceIJ

Boss_Man

Hi. The reason I ask is because I am just curious as to what a TR70 costed to buy brand new compared to today's combine prices. I have a 1979 TR70 with 3208 Cat that I paid $13,000 Canadian for w_pu head. It only had 800 engine hours and always shedded. An old guy had it that only farmed a couple quarter's of land. Most belts and chains were still original and had to all be replaced. Rasp bars are original too.....am looking to get a 22 foot JD head w_pu reels for it. Don't really like my 960 straight cut header at all. They make adapter kits to fit a JD head to a TR70 at Harv's farm supply.

Big_Al

Where are you at in CanadaIJ I am from Saskatchewan and boy is it cold today (Jan. 14th) minus 35 this morning with the wind it is minus 50. The price I gave you from my book was in US dollars. Well take care and stay warm.

Big_Green

How are our future generations gunna make it if this pattern continues which I am sure it will.

Boss_Man

Yes, it was that cold here too. That wind was terrible. I live in eastern Alberta only 7 miles from Saskatchewan. About 65 miles SW of Kindersley.