Combines FX30 post for you

FX_30

Thats what I was thinking it was I remember hearing about it at one of the meetings. The cure to my overheating problem is going to be turn the fan faster. Dont know if it will work or not but i guess im going to find out,cannot afford to trade to an 850 speedstar for right now hopefully next year.

custom_cutter

You need to install these parts fan 84012323, pulley 84806887 and belts 84057609. It will increase the speed and have 3 more blades installed. Also install a new style wiper (84439094) in between radiator and oil cooler. I cant believe you don't have good luck with the 30, guys around here have had good luck with mostly 60's. Much more reliable than 58's with lOC gearbox and transfer gearbox trouble. The only complaint is the sharpening system still needs to be improved, and blower and spout are too small for chopping dry haylage with long length of cut. The new double belt processor has eliminated hydraulic motor coupler failure and reduced hydraulic oil temps. The more aggressive 77 tooth rolls have been a big improvement over the old 99 tooths, expecially in 3_4 inch and longer cuts. I think you would have more trouble with the Claas than the New Holland and way more trouble with the Deere. The claas is known to snap processor shafts in halve, probably more common on the 900 than the 850 you looked at. Deeres have processor bearing issues and coupler issues between cutterhead and IVlOC gearbox. Good luck and hope you have a successful season.

FX_30

Thanks Custom Cutter I will ask dealer about it today as they are having open house this week. I agree that the spout is getting to small for more capacity and the double belt drive processor is the best processor I have had. What is wrong with the sharpening system,only problem I have is in gummy alfalfa about 55% to 60% moisture the door does not always open. I was happy with previous machines if they can make this one run cooler I think it will help with the power problem to. Do you run a 60 a freind of mine has a 60 and 58,says the 60 is a more reliable machine. Thanks for the info I will see What I can accomplish maybe I can get this thing running like it should.

custom_cutter

We have a 45 and a 58. The 45 has actually been a better machine than the 58. The problem with the 58 has been the processor. It is hydraulically driven and gives alot of trouble with the motor and coupler. We had Deeres before (6810) and had nothing but trouble. We are thinking about trading out 58 for a 60 but want to make sure they are a good machine before we do trade. The trouble we have with sharpening system is that the motors are to weak to pull door or stone through much trash build up or gummy alfalfa. Most times we do the first pass of the stone with a wrench and then it will work. Our 45 has had all the updates done on it and we installed the better processor rolls in it. It is a very reliable machine now.

fx45

How many hours does your 45 have on itIJ Are you running live bottomsIJWe are thinking about it.What type of corn head are you runningIJ

FX_30

To help prevent dry hay leaves from blowing back over the machine I added an extra screen tarp on the front of my pick up head.That helped a good bit with the faster speed of the pick up teeth.This also keeps some trash off the top of the sharpener door as I have that sheild off on the left side. I checked with the dealer they have all the parts,they are pretty proud of that fan 1160 $ ouch. Do you think they will do that under warranty,they also have a software up grade that is supposed to be coming before spring.I am currently running a 360n6 corn head thinking about switching whitch do you think is better a kemper or RI450.Did you have trouble with your air filter plugging on your 45IJ I would like to turn filter cannister up and put a precleaner on top of the hood to get more air into the cooling system. Some of the 58s around here the dealer has done this to. I also want to put some air louvers in the side hood panels to help let hot air out. Any other comments or suggestionsIJ Sorry for wrighting a book but I guess if I have to run this machine might as well try to get it to work right.

custom_cutter

We have a RI450 on the 45 and a RI600 on the 58. We've had 360N6's and a 4500 Kemper. The 360's feed nice but left hand drive chains require some maintnance. If you do alot of down corn stay with the 360. The 4500 Kemper requires a lot of start up torque and is hard on lOC gearbox. I've heard that the small drum Kempers are better but have not personally owned one of these. The Kemper did not feed as even as the RI450. The Kemper also has alot of clutches that need to be checked every year. The advantage of the Kemper is the price and the fact that you don't need to change auger speeds when you change lOC because there is no auger. If you buy an RI be sure it has the Kemper style fingers on the front, they really help to prevent double cut stalks and also help some in down corn. The RI heads are a pain in the butt to grease but only needs to be done every 250 hrs. The reason we went to RI head on the 45 instead of the 360 is because we haul cutters on trailer and needed a head that would fold. We have about 3000 cutter head hours on the 45 and 2000 on the 58. Tell me more about this screen you have on the front of your machine. Is it something you could use doing earcorn alsoIJ We get alot of dry leaves in the machine doing this. What is this fan that you are talking aboutIJ We use all straight trucks when field conditions allow. We only have one live bottom truck. It works really well, especially on uneven ground or when dumping into a bagger. We have no semi trucks yet. From what I can tell you need to have at least two semis or else they can screw up the rotation of trucks. One more thing, how do guys in PA chargeIJ Is it by the ton or acre or hourIJ What are the ratesIJ Around here it is getting really competative and not any money left in it for anyone. Don't really know if we should trade for a new cutter or just run these till the wheels fall off and then sell out.

FX_30

The fan I was talking about is the engine cooling fan with 12 blades.I have a folding 360 because of the narrow roads we have around here and this is the first year that I could not get it to feed no matter what I did.Starting to think not enough RandD running 360 on 0 series FX. The 360 worked good in 03 when all the corn was flat because of a hurricane that went through around the first week of sept.This year corn was standing good and I could not get head to feed tried every thing maybe it was the corn going to give it one more chance. Was thinking about a kemper so if I want to change choppers I can run the same head just by changing mounting adaptors. The lOC box would not be an issue on the 0 series with hyd lOC.In this area the RI450 is cheaper than a 345 kemper about 5000$. The screen on my pick up head is just a piece of mesh truck tarp. You can get it from NH but it will cost. I can take same pictures and send them to you if you need more info.The kit is two pipes that go across the top of the head and a mesh tarp about 2 feet wide with a sleeve on each end for the pipe to go thru then it bolts to the top of the head.You could probably rig something up to do earcorn maybe use so chichen wire or something like that.I did not do ear the last 2 years but I know it does make a mess.What kind of head do you use for earcorn,do you use the NH adaptor plate or one from lndquistIJ Do you do any direct cut barley or wheatIJWhich machine do you use for earcorn,can you get a the fodder and leaves cut nice,what about getting the kernals all broke.The 77 tooth rolls do not work as good as the 99 do for earcorn what moisture do you cutIJ That makes a big differance.In this area we have a lot of competition to most everyone charges by the hour. Average for cutter around here 200$ per hour and 50$ for 18'to 22' 10 wheeler or a 22'cart pulled with a tractor. There are a few semis that do hauling not sure what they charge do not use them because it messes up the program unless you have 2 or 3 like you said. What do you charge,probably 8$ aton or something like that.

custom_cutter

I've never seen a folding 360, didn't even know they made one. I wonder how they make a Kemper work on the 0 series, would think evey time you change lOC the drums would spin faster or slower, maybe it wouldn't bother. We use New Holland 996 corn heads for earcorn on both cutters. The 58 gets a 8 row 30 inch and the 45 gets a 6 row 30 or a 5 row 36 inch. We use the adapters from New Holland. They work really good, but corn heads are hard on lOC gearbox. We usually cut earcorn at 30% moisture. At that moisture the 77 rolls have worked well, if the corn gets too dry or kernals get too small than the 99 work better. Thought with the new double belt that you can increase roll speed differance to about 60% instead of just 12% with different belt and pulley. That should really do the job in earcorn, even with the 77's. Most everyone charges by the ton around here. It varies a little but most of it is around $4.25 to $4.75 non processed and about $5.50 to $6.00 processed. That includes trucking and sometimes even the packing. All the imported European choppers for cheap $ have hurt the business. I would definetly buy the RI450 over the Kemper. less maintnance and less ear loss in dryer corn. Both of our RI heads feed great, better than the 360's did, especially in longer lOC. I would think that New Holland would not charge you for that fan. I would make alot of noise to someone, they obviosly know they have a problem if they make a kit to fix it.

fx45

We put a screen too ontop of our hay head we used 1_4" screen with 1" pipe as the frame.It sticks out about 2' too.It helps keep alot of trash off the cutter head.We did ear corn for the first time this year and I think the corn head needs a screen too.We run a 360 head for 4 years and then two years ago went to a RI450. I agree it is a pain in the Axx to grease tried 2 kempers before we bought the RI. The kempers would shake the ears right off. We charge by the hour but try to keep it around $7.50 a ton.