Combines 74c Flex Head

JHEnt

The auger hieght is supposed to be adjusted when raised so that it clears at all times. Yes the frame does flex some when raised. I think if it still rubs then the head may be flexing too much. Quite a few years back NH had this happen on 973 heads and the came out with a reinforcing kit that was welded onto the top frame bar. Your dealer should send your problem in to CNH on their computer system. If there is a frame problem then the company needs to know what serial numbers were affected. I have not heard of this happening on any 73C or 74C heads around my area. I don't know what can help you in the short term but someone has to tell the company whats happening for them to get it fixed.

Russ

Thanks for your reply. last week our service man had a meeting with factory personel. I sent pictures with him and head guys from Case called back a few days ago and said he is working on the problem. I thought this was very nice of him for getting back to me and not just letting me wonder for a few more months.