Combines TF combines

TR

Clever marketing. It's easy to market a machine that has components never seen or used in a particular market, (some features on the Case and NH combines). This is not a new concept for any company. It can pay big dividends to introduce an new concept (or old one from somewhere else) never seen in a particular market. A good example of this is the full finger auger grain platform released a few years ago by Deere. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but NH had a version of that they had been marketing for over 10 YEARS in Australia, yet Deere claimed it was a new thing. It was in the U.S.

boetboer

It's the same thing with the older NH separation-system with the additional cylinder. look at the Claas "APS system" as first put into the Mega series, then go back about 20 years before they came out with that "innovation" and you'll see it in the old NH's. And I like all combines, so don't attack me or accusing me of colour-bashing or whatever, please.

JHEnt

Is that anything at all like the lavarda combineIJ Does your machine have the entire cleaning shoe self levelIJ I seem to remember seeing pictures from some NH combine that had narrow sections of the chaffer that each pivoted to level instead of the whole shoe.

Pilgrim

The TF is till a current model in some places. You can check out the 76 and 78 on the NH website if you look in the Belgium area. It was a big part of the production in the Zedelgum plant when I was there. Many things that are "weird" to North America are common to others.

Kiwi

Thanks for your post Pilgrim. Its a reminder of how blinkered one can be when one only sticks to English language sites. The TF lives on! Our machine is a TF44 (based on the 5 walker chassis). I thought this model had departed the scene in the 90s. I got quite a buzz in seeing it is still in production in Belgium, now upgraded to the TF76. How many of you would give odds of a JD CTS, for example, still being in production after 25 years. From the bottom of the world I note how many American farmers insist that only American machines can cope with their conditions. It has been most noticeable in the debate as to whether Claas, one of the largest combine manufacturers in the world, are suitable for America. The manufacturers, while trying to convince locals that they are buying a local product, see it very much as a world market. Many of you have been impressed, and rightly so buy the capacity of the CRs. They share the same platform and cleaning system as the CX and, with the exception of the tangential fan, the Case AFX 8010. All have 6.5 sq m total cleaning capacity and self levelling riddles to 17 degrees. Some time ago there were some posts on the impressive capacity of the TX 66. It also has the same cleaning system, as does the TF78. Where did it all startIJ Take a camera and a tape measure under the back end of a 20 yr old TF46. I look at the CR brochures of their cleaning system with a self levelling system that includes the grain pan, fan, sieves, re-threshers and all and smile because my machine had that 25 yrs ago. They were standard (as far as I know) on the TF, were available as an option on the TX when they came out and are now standard on all the larger machines The TF is a minor player now and many of you have never heard of it but its legacy and its impact lives on. Not just in the self levelling system. Case patented their tangential fan. My TF has tangential fan openings as well as side ones. In brown top grass seed (a very small light seeded grass) I blocked off the side openings and only used the top ones. TR, in his post, commented on the full finger auger grain platform released a few years ago by Deere. My TF has always had that. Be grateful for the TF and the part it has played. Kiwi