Combines HoneyBee draper on TR 99

CNHTEK

You have to get the proper adapter for the header, it is not so difficult as time consuming. The adapter is the assembly that the table auger is housed in and has the hook-ups for the feederhouse. It is easily removed by supporting the header on both ends with palletes or something. Then diconecting any hydraulic and mechanical conections to the combine, reel or cylinders. Unbolt the lock clamps at the bottom of the adapter and the u-bolts on the top, then gently lower the adapter a little as you back away with the the combine. it might take a little wiggling, but it should come right out leaving just the header on hte palletes and the adapter on the combine. this can also be done using a leader or forkilft if need be. once the adapter is out and you have the Tr adapter all you have to do is swap all the parts from one adapter to the other and reinstall the adapter frame under the header. The gearbox is the onlything that might possibly be any different, but I don't think so. I know when you go to a JD they gear ratio is different and the box has to be changed also. just a thought, might have to look into that more.

gleanermanitoba

If your feederhouse shaft runs at same speed or close to the same the only changes need to be done to the adaptor plate. These can be bought but take some time to change. If you are handy with torch and welder its not hard to do what needs to be done as all adapter plates are the same base with different catches etc. If it takes a couple of hours to change over it probably takes a similar amount of time to modify and saves the cost of a new plate. If large speed change on feeder shaft check to see if a new pump is needed (likely not between a 940 and a 99)

ndh

CNHTEK Have you taken an adapter out with a combine beforeIJIJ Easy way..........given the header has transport. 1. Put header in transport. 2. Drop down the dirt door under the center deck. 3. Use a floor jack to jack up the center deck. 4. Remove j-hooks at the bottom and u-bolts at the top. 5. Take a pry bar at the top of the adapter, pry between the adapter top and subframe. 6. Adapter will fall out on the ground, watch your feet. :) When going from CR to TR or vise versa, no adapter change is needed. The shell is the same. CR and TR adapters on our headers are the same. The only difference is in hydraulic conection and the header hook-up linkage. CR has the hook device, TR has the pins. Gearboxes on HB headers do not have to be changed. The gearbox remains the same, the change comes in the pump. When switching combines, the pump and pto half-shaft will be the factor to change. We have 3 pumps for all combines..... lexion Deere_CIH 88 NH CR TR, CIH AFX_AGCO

NHD

Thanks for the info. When I switched my honeybee draper over from a TR to CR they told me I would have to get a new adapter for the wider CR face plate which I did. It was expensive, but I didn't know any different. Anyway I have the adapter for a TR that I took off. I have no use for it so if anyone needs one I'll sell it cheap. It's at Plainville, Ks.