Combines TR and CR updates etc

CORNKING

Explain how you feel you are being ignoredIJ And who do you think is ignoring youIJ My take on this is 50% of the people that new any thing got the boot from the site and 40% got pis--- off and left on there own. So that leaves you and me and few others on here that dont really give a dam about a N.H. combine. Thanks to yellow the 8010s were junk last year which must besame as CRs I here there is a bunch of updates on them as well. Good luck Harvesting I think it we be tough breaking even with the price of fuel this year. Corny

JHEnt

Oh yeh the CR's are junk thats why there are almost no updates this year. There is now out to dealers software for IVECO 7.8l and 10.3l engines on previous machines to take away some derate conditions. They have said they will release a shoe geometry change on corn_bean CR970 combines. This change is to make the shoe more agressive for those people complaining that it won't clean 30%+ moisture corn fast enough. My 1st thought is that around here 30% moisture corn is only shelled to go into a harvestore, so why is anyone raising feed grains shelling at 30% moisture especially with a rotor combineIJ CORNKING you got nobody but the CaseIH engineering dept to blame for the 8010.

CORNKING

Here some ns 300 CRs sold 300 8010s sold and 600 23s for 04. If CaseNH were smart which they are not they would scrap the bumble bees and them 8010s and just upgrade the 23s. And aparently there is a lot of corn picked and dryed at higher mositure than in your area. Or they certainly would not be spending all that money upgrading the seives. As much as I dont care for the TRS they at least would harvest high mositure corn with very little loss unlike the current CRs. I said it long ago that corn is king and thats what all machines are designed for. It looks to me that after mother New Holland made the decision to keep the magnums and the stxs and get rid of the versatile and genisus the New Holand boys threw a fit and did not want to get rid of the twin roter for the case like they had to with the tractors. But New Holand was smart enough to know that with out the 23s they would not have many sales so they kept it. So New Holland built the combine and said you refine it but no money to do this with. And that 8010 was not designed with Case engineers very few if any. The combine that Case had in the works before the merger was shelved along with CaseIH corn head. Most of Case engineers went to work with J.D. They did not want to leave Quad City and the engineers that are left for Case do not have a thing to do with the 8010 all the Case engineers that are left about 30 are working on a new 23 something.You probably wont beleive this but I have some inside conections that a lot of the things like CVT, fan, bigger clean grain, diferent return are being tryed on 8010 and then will be incorperated in to the CRs. Eventually the differnce will just be yellow 2 rotors and red 1 rotor.

AAPIII

About 65-70% of all the corn we combine is above 30% moisture, with about 30% of that at 38-42% moisture. Dairy farmers want the corn that wet, at least in Cen. WI. Most of that corn goes into stave silos, rolled on the way in with acid. At least they aren't asking for 80-90% of the cob like they used to.

ndh

Honestly, NH work on development of the CR for at least 7-8 years before it was introduced. I think they done a pretty good job on that new combine. Maybe corn is king in some areas, but up here its small grains. I have been impressed at how this machine works. And above all, not ever combine will work 100% in all conditions. The twin rotor design is a proven design worldwide.

JHEnt

Not only has the twin rotor design sold well worldwide but the self leveling shoe as it is in the CR is exactly the same as the TX and the basic geometry has existed for some 20+ years in Europe and other markets as a lower discussion went over. Except for having to slow down in high moisture corn the shoe works for all other crops around the world. Maybe the combine drivers just need to slow down below 8-10mph.

JHEnt

Very few guys with rotaries in S Il run above 20% except for some dairy operations. There are some old stave silos around but most dairies bought A O Smith Havestores back 20 years ago. With alot of dairies quitting there have been a number of those converted to dry grain storage in the past years.

Case_Farmer

Just curious What are you hearing on the Future of the 2388's thanks

bob

jbh, that is not exactly true. the bit about "7-8 years". straight from the combine product design team manager mouth, the CR came about well after the merger with CIH, they where working with a beefed up version on a TR 99 until then. seems they are striving for one platform to work with be it Red or Yellow in the end. the CRS and AFXS are plaqued with oddles of problems and with wear and age more and more will pop up as these machines where rushed to market.

JHEnt

Thats not correct either. Pictures of both the walker CX, and twin rotor CR prototypes appeared on the internet from Europe before NH puchased Case corp. Yes they were working on a common platform but that has been the TX chassis, never the TR for these machines. Check back and you will see that most of the cleaning components and lower chassis drives of the CR are identicle to the TX 66-68 machines. This design has very little in common at all with the TR design. The TX was introduced to NA in 1993 mostly in Canada and the plains states. There may have been a NA design team working on a bigger TR but there was a real effort in Belgium on these new machines.