Combines HW 320

JHEnt

The only ones I know of are all running haybine heads not discbine heads but no one has ever complained about hydrauilic capacity. Only 1 guy complained about HP on a HW300 when climbing hills. If your running discbine heads then maybe you need to move up a HP size or to the new 05 series with the newer NEF-IVECO engines. So far in tractors these engine have all been actually running higher than rated HP and unlike older IVECO engines can hold the load down into low rpm's.

tobaboy

We're not cutting hay with it, mainly just canola with a few cereal grains and pulse crops when needed. If your cutting lodged wheat, the best you can do is 2mph, even at that you can plug the knife. The problem is with the tractor. We run a 36ft. honeybee on our combine (480r) and never have any problems plugging the knife, our old macdon would have made this HW look sick. I hope we don't have to go into another harvest with the HW, everyone on our farm is sick of it.

JHEnt

The header drive pump on the HW300, 320, 340 are all rated at 29 GPM and 4000 psi max. The raise_lower is operated by a separate 5 GPM hyd pump. I will bet your problem is HP related unless there is something seriously wrong with the header drive pump. Those Delphi injection pumps are known to be low on HP. Delphi has a huge range on their allowable fuel output so that a pump running at the low end of what Delphi considers acceptable may produce 15-20 HP less than it should. You will likely gain alot by sending the injection pump off. Most fuel injection shops will make sure that the pumps are adjusted to the max allowed setting before they send them back to you. You may want to specify that when you drop it off though. The HW305,325,345,365 also have a 29GPM rated header drive pump but they have an optional added pump just for reel_auxilery drives separate from the main header drive. The NEF_IVECO engines also have shown just as good low end torque as the Genesis could do, and most are running higher than rated HP. A HW305S has the same engine HP as the HW325 but it still has the older cab like the HW305.