Combines Chain lub System

NHD

Union Hill, Il. NH dealer has installed 3 or 4 of them on TR's and a CR. I have one for my TR-99, but I have not installed it as of yet. The reason I got one is mainly because most of the time our combine operator is alone at quiting time which seems to be the best time to lub the chains. Then too you can't oil the header-feederhouse chains without someone in the seat. The unloading auger chain seems to be the most neglected. It lubs the chains each time you extend the unloading auger. The hyd extend cylinder pressurises the system to put out a measured mount of oil. It has 6 outlets which is enough for a TR or CR including a double fo the feederhouse chains and one for the platform auger chain. These systems have been used on hay balers for sometime. All in all I think it's a grat idea. We shall see.

Ilnewholland

Thanks Don! I think I may get one for my combine. like you say it is hard for one person to oil the chains. Now if they could get a auto greese systemIJ I sure am getting lazy in my young age!

NHD

In regard to power automatic grease lub sytems. last year NH was putting them on some CR's at the factory. I don't remember exactly how they worked,but I do know they had lots of tubes and it took quite some time to get it all hooked up. I think the biggest drawback was the cost. Something like $3,000. I don't know for sure whether it made it to the NH price book. By the way how are your crops holding upIJ

mid_west

Is the oiler you are looking at "powered" by putting the unloader auger in and outIJ I've ran one of those on an IH machine. It worked fairly well but 2 things come to mind. One, be careful where you run the lines, we had a chain or belt come off and rip our lines all apart and 2, make sure you adjust the flow between corn and beans, we didn't slow it down once and in corn we are putting the auger in and out all the time and made a mess out of the combine.

Ilnewholland

Crops don't look to bad now. We was close to not having any corn but got some rain in July now. I have some pictures posted at Grain-X web site. You can take a look at them there.