Combines Big fleet of NHs

BIGHEAD

Thanks for the interesting link about Allen Harvesting. I'm surprised that they didn't go with the 42' Honeybee draper head if they wanted to boost productivity even more. With the 42' they could have eliminated another machine!!

Case_Farmer

"The CR combine is probably the best-kept secret in the industry lOl Someone Publish this about the 8010 and id love to see the responce haha and technically haven't they had alot of problems too..... i mean they are basically the same...(and don't give me a list of why not's) i know there close

Ilnewholland

Okay I will not give you a list but I will ask you to do this, next time you are at a farm show go look at a CR and a 8010. look under the sheet metal at the drive systems and inside the combine. They are not the same there. If you only look at the outside and the cab you may think they areIJ But look deeper into them and get to understand how each work and you will not say they are the same. After you do that I hope you post back here with a report. All in all I don't think CR's have had any more problems than any other new combine has had. My local dealer that sells Gleaner and New Holland has sold the CR's 5 to 1 over the Gleaner R's this year. Back in TR days he sold more Gleaner's. That should say somethingIJ And I don't think there is any thing wrong with a Gleaner. Seems the CIH 8010 has some problems for some people but I know of a fellow farmer here that has 2 8010's and has not had any problems. I look foward to seeing your combine report after the Big Farm Show in Decatur. Ilnh

Case_Farmer

Yeah i know there's a difference in that area But am i right when i say most of its the sameIJ just curious

Ilnewholland

"Yeah i know there's a difference in that area" I think that is the most important part of a combine, is it notIJ That is the area that makes it work or not. I think they share 60% of the same parts. Same frame. That is the biggest part they share. Something to think about, I think we(man) share 98% the same parts as monkey's, so are we the sameIJ ps How did your new (used) 4wd tractor you got this past spring work outIJ

Case_Farmer

lol... good one on the monkey man thing I was just curious on the differences and yeah your right thats kinda one of the most important parts Really well...its a STX375 I really love how smooth it shifts and it handeled our 30 ft great plains drill well.. Defenitly didn't push the tractor around. i also liked the fact they have sight gauges everywhere.. Except on the Hydro it says wait a hour and then check well....i think probably need to wait longer kinda got it a lil too full :) lol We are extremely happy and hopefully we will get a nice used 325 sometime