Combines CX840 860

Pilgrim

I think you'll be pleased with the CX series. Since you stated you're going to run a 36' HB header, just wanted to make sure you're aware you'll need the optional bigger lift cylinders on the feeder. I believe standard is 70mm and optional 75mm but you should check. Pilgrim

cnhtek

The 70mm cylinders will be sufficient to lift the header, but if you want to use presure compensation auto header height controlyou will need the 75mm cylinders.

Frenchie

We are going into our third season with a CX 840. We farm north of Edmonton and grow Canola CPS Wheat, Oats and Malt Barley. We are happy with the performance and reliability of our CX combine. Only issues we have had are excessive wear of the chopper knives. After 3000 acres they are completely worn. look at turning the knives after 1500 hours. This is partly because of the chaff blowers throwing all the material into the chopper. We also wore this aluminum plate on top of the clean grain elevator which is used in conjunction with the yield monitor. The grain passes over this aluminum plate and wore a hole right through it causing grain to spill and leak over onto the ground and side of the combine. The overall performance and sample quality have been excellent. Repair costs have been much lower than the TR 98 we had before. Stone trap on the CX is far superior than anything the TR or CR have. I'm sure you would be happy with your choice of a CX. Happy Harvest