Combines CR CX alternators

michael

alternator burned out after 2 years of in cr970. new cost is $800 canadian. took old one to alternator shop for repairs, but couldn't get parts for repair. what a bunch of garbage. isn't there a better and cheaper alternator out thereIJ

todd08

What is the make and model n or part n on these units, I want to check into thisIJ

Pilgrim

The units are Neece-leevile or something like that. I don't have the part n handy. They are on CX and CR models with the Iveco engines, not sure about those with the smaller NH engine.

todd08

leece-Nevile I would believe. Do the lower mounting ears have an approx 1_2" bolt and about 5" spread between the earsIJ How about do you have an energize wire, and how about an idiot light in the instrumentation panelIJ My Alt man always bragged up the leece-Nevile over like the Delco brand, in fact I know I have had a couple large frame leece-Neville's build for my 3408 V-8's, he said they take the vibration a little better on the big 8's. Not that expensive by him, and I know he likes them better than the brushless Niehoff's. He always refers to Niehoff's as the rich man's alternator. Good but not that good for the price. IF you get me the model n I will run it by him, he is an ole retired MM mechanic, so in his day everything was meant to be rebuilt not replaced, and he still achieves it most of the time. Picked up a core from the junk man for my powerstroke, he fixed it for me for nothing. He had to show me last time Chrysler's latest alt pulley, I believe on 2004 and newer the pulley has an overrunning clutch, kind of like the ole MM ampli-torque sprag. People hear this noice and think their alternators taking a dump and sometimes its only this new pulley set up.

dave_morgan

We have a Bosch alternator still on a 1688 combine that has been a good one...Shows a little bit low on volt meter on the combine but it works fine...since 2000, I had the dealer change alt when we traded.