Combines IJIJIJIJ RE Replacing the unload auger tube

JHEnt

I've never had the tube off of a TR but I do know the fold back spout is part of the longer unload tube. The short and long tube should interchange on the combine but you would need the longer auger also.

WTW

Taking the auger tube and flighting off is not difficult. Have done it several times to mount belt conveyor for harvesting edible beans. 1)Disconnect and remove transition flighting in hopper. 2)Remove bolts from support bearing for auger flighting. (in mouth of auger tube in hopper) 3)Disconnect wiring harness for auger light. 4)Support tube from front end loader with straps. 5)Unbolt auger tube from turret. 6)Manually swing auger away from turret as helper backs front end loader away from combine. The turret for the long auger on a TR96 is heavier than for the short auger so do not put a long auger on the light turret. (I assume TR86 is similar)

newholland06

WTW, Do you have to take the two off at the same time or can you leave the auger itself there and just pull off the tubeIJ If it's more work than it is worth to just pull the tube only than I will follow your previous instructions and take them both off together. let me know what you think.... Thanks, NH06

Gromit

You can just pull the auger tube off. Just remove the end bearing and the connecting bolts to the turrent. Then just slide it off. Just remember to mark where the spout should angle off to. What looks right down, can be way off when the auger is up.