Combines Trading TR 98

NHD

Oliver, I'll share some thoughts with you about your questions. First of all used NH TR's are getting very scarce. especially out west. (Ok.,Ks,Ne.)I don't know where you are, but I'm in ECIl, and I harvest out west too. They are scare here also. I'm on my 3rd TR-99 and it has over 1000 sep.hrs.(seial n566818) and it is one of the latest produced. The later TR-99's were the best in that they had better steel and all updates. The only unsolved problem with the TR-99's is the bubble-up auger.So most of the used TR's are getting more hrs than usual because the CR's are so expensive. I know of a 2000 TR-99 serial n565252 with over 2000hrs on it for sale @ $63,000. Otherwise all the dealers I know of are already sold out of used TR's this early in the year. My guess is that a used CR is a better investment. Some of them have been out three years now. I know of a CR940 with around 800 hrs that could be on the market for around $105000. You must remember that the 973 platform and the older corn heads won't work on the CR. NH has updated these combines as updates came out. Some updates were free, but some had a usage deduction. The CR960's and 70's have a major shoe update too. You will love the CR compared to a TR, or any of the other colors. Iknow some custom harvester combines that are coming on the market now. I also know of a CR960 with only 87 sep. hrs (repo)with all the updates that may be available soon. It has about 62 hours of labor in the updates. NH suggested hrs. Most of the used ones seem to be out west. In summary a TR-99 is a great combine, but a used one with low hours is rare. The CR's are the combine of the future. Sometimes you have to look at tax implications and trade differences. If you do trade for a CR be sure to look at the draper-flex header. I think they are the header of the future too. This thought is from experience. my 2cents worth. Good luck!!!

nhwnh

I had a TR99 I sold @ auction for $75000.00 in eastern ND. It had 450hrs on sep.