Combines I ve put 800 hrs On The lEXION

BOSS_351

Im pleased someone had the chance to run the lEXION for awhile, cause as we have found out over here in Aussie, with the new concepts they dig up in Europe they dont measure up too well without a fair bit of modifying. My brother and I had the first CS ClAAS over here to run for awhile ,then we bought the first 116 to run in the wheat in Aussie and that nearly sent us mad trying to set it up in our lighter crops about 30_35 bushells per acre, as wellas it wouldnt run much under boiling point on a normal day.

customcutter

What is CAT doing in terms of parts supportIJ I have spoken with

colin

all you soft boys out there in the states and aussie don't know what the hell you are on about by the sounds of things. if you want a combine with capacity get a Claas_Cat. we still have a 13 year old 114cs here in the south of scotland, it has 2300 hours on it which is a lot by british standards. addmitedly we do only use it for a spare but it does still go. if you dont want a claas buy a new holland, they will walk all over your case's and JD's and the driver will feel better when he finishes too.

Deerebines

And so colin.......That is why Case and Deere outsell and are more farmer owned then new hollandIJ Because the twin rotors are betterIJ I think that maybe you ought to reconsider. Deere and Case can walk circles around New Hollands best from all the demo's and talk that I've seen. All those people can't be liars. Just a thought.........

COlIN

Sorry about that boys, I mean that the New Holland TF was better than the JD and Case, it's different from the TR. Has about 360hp and one transverse rotor instead of walkers. We had a JD test team here with modified 9610's (I think thats what they were) and with a CTS, I didn't think much of either of them, the US spec combines controls were not very user friendly, but maybe they were not hi-spec machines. The CTS seemed to make an OK job but was prone to throwing grain over with the straw in wet conditions. Then again I suppose it's horses for courses and what might work in the US might not work here and vice-versa.

BOSS_351

Sorry I ment the right hand side of the machine...So who gets everything right the first time.

James

I was in a 2188 in the same paddock as the lexion, and I could not get anywhere near it. The paddock was a good flat wheat crop but has anyone heard of how they go in cornIJ