Combines smaller CATIJ

Frode

CATs smaller combines I guess will be the Claas models through their joint venture. Claas' web site states (quote): "ClAAS OF AMERICA - Founded in 1979, Claas of America is located in Columbus, Indiana. As a subsidiary of Claas KGaA, it is responsible for sales and support of all Claas products sold in the U.S. and Canada. From 1981-1996, the company concentrated its business on combines in North America. Today, with the recent joint venture agreement on combine distribution in place between Claas KGaA and Caterpillar (Caterpillar Claas America lCC),Claas of America directs its attention towards two product ranges: self-propelled forage harversters and hay equipment." As you, I'm looking for a significantly SMAllER combine (harvesting in Norway often calls for 10-14" machinery). At the moment Claas are selling the "Dominator 48 Spezial _ 58S" for the Nordic market. It's rumoured a forthcoming model (CAT technologyIJIJIJ). Any informationIJ

Rigels_Hammer

I just saw a Cat 450 combine at the local dealer. It is a 5-straw walker machine vs. the 6-straw walkers on the 460. This is apparently the model that will perform head-to-head with 9610 deeres and 2388 cases (new hollandsIJ). The 460 has consistently run about 30% more capacity than the 9610.