Combines What s the perfect grain cartIJ

Coug_Fan

The 2 things I like about using the bank-out or grain cart is less wear and tear on the trucks. I have drove enough truck, and if your body is soar and tired out at the end of the day, just imagine how the poor truck feels. The biggest advantage around here is the reduction in fires. All it takes is one piece of straw on a hot exhaust and you have trouble. The tractors pulling the bank-out set higher and run diesel engines which reduce the chance.

T__langan

I agree with Coug Fan - grain carts save a lot of wear and tear on trucks. We religiously keep trucks out of the field, always on the field road or lane and bring crop to the truck with either the combine or grain cart. Have tore off too many brake lines, wires, and once the entire exhaust on an old truck in corn stalks. Also, we have determined that in these parts with our conditions, we can double the acres per hour_day by unloading on the go into our grain cart vs having to stop the combine to unload. Makes a BIG difference at the end of the day! Tom langan

Greg

We use a 450 bushel grain cart with our N7. It makes things much faster since we unload on the go. My brother runs the combine. Dad runs the 7060 and the grain cart. I run the Freightliner. We have two hopper trailers. One stays at the edge of the field, being filled by the grain cart, while I am uloading the other one. I would not want to do without it, especially since the semis are not too good in wet fields. Greg

t_leslie

The best grain cart for me might not be the best grain cart for another guy, but it is worth owning one and as you say "tieing up another man and tractor". Running a graincart is often just like haveing another combine in the field. It can double a days work, with less expense than another combine.

MASSEY_MAN

The perfect grain cart would have to be a JD 9600 with a Massey tractor pulling it,Massey has always been ahead of JD anyway,haha.Just having some fun on a slow Sunday night.

Deerebines

Massey Man lOl......funny but wouldn't you think an R72 gleaner would be better than my deereIJ They hold over 300 bushel I've been told where my deere's around 250........Of course that's with a Deere pulling it.......lOl. All in fun and good taste of course Respectfully

Sam7525

I live on a 3000 corn_soybeans farm. We have used a grain cart since around 1990. The main reason why we spend the money to buy a grain cart is because we can keep the combine running all the time with a grain cart. It speeds up harvest quite a bit. With the grain cart the trucks are no longer waiting to be filled, but the combine is waiting to be emptied. It is also very hand in fields where we cannot drive the trucks back to where we are harvesting. It is easier to run the cart back and forth instead of the combine. The ideal grain cart would first have a corner auger. I have run carts with the aguer in the middle, front, and corner. The corner is by far the easiest to unload. Being able to turn sharp would also be a plus. Any way that could help you know how much is in the cart would be helpfull also. Using tracks or large tires to reduce compaction is something that would be extremley helpful. That is the downside to using the cart is the compaction it leaves in the field. Tracks are nice but they are also expensive. I hope I helped your research and good luck.