Combines New lexions

cat_man

i totally agree with you. i am from u.s., and the farmers and truckers are very much alike, hard workers, maybe whine a lot, and don't like "change". i know, i am into farming and trucking. i have run volvo trucks for years, and love them, yet most old truckers won't give them any credit, for being the nicest trucks on the road, not to mention very advanced technology. same goes for combines, people are scared to buy it if it isn't red or green. from the few cat owners i have talked to, we should be happy with our new 485. but i guess time will tell, but i am one of the few who isn't scared of foreign technology.

Big_Truck

Cat man Go to www.volvotrucks.com and check out the awesome "who's the daddyIJ" 610hp Volvo FH16!!!! I know you will say its a pity its a cabover but this machine is what every truck driver who has any brains in Europe wants for his_her birthday!!!

edwardo

The new cat (as Class) is being used this harvest in Europe. It is denoted as the 580. It is the 480 but more horsepower and does a superb job.It can be tracked. The Jd STS in Europe is about the same hp as the class 580 and is called the 9880. The class is a sophisticated machine with a considerable evolution behind it and the hydraulically variable platform extension is very popular and facilitates direct cutting of canola etc. The STS is much simpler and ought in due course prove to be the more reliable. The job of combining wheat in Europe is much tougher being 4 tonneplus per acre and masses of straw, both usually not as dry as typical N Am.