Combines New lexions

CATMAN

If only it was claas bringing the combine. Why would the premier combine company in the world hook up with a dealer network that does not want itIJ Not only that it sells another brand of combine that competes with it on a world marketIJ

97_9500

Are you trying to start another color war or somethingIJ Personally, I don't think there is a need for bigger combines because I would rather have two 9660's then one 9860 because if the machine breaks down then you are losing alot of downtime. Big operators who are thinking about switching two 9600's to a 9860 are taking alot of risk IMO because what happens if the machine breaks down on a saturday morning and you have to order parts which wouldn't arrive until tuesday morning(monday if you were lucky) and the forecast was for rain beginning sunday night for 3 or 4 daysIJ In winter wheat, it could mean a lower yield and quality due to sprouted wheat which is very costly.

customcombiner

i have to agree with you there. all these big guys with one machine for 7,000 acres it is pathetic. the reason is cause they don't have enough money for two. in my opinion you should have one combine for every 2,000 acres. yes you'll need more people to run them, but you get done faster, before the hail or whatever. the same way with seeding all these big guys, oooh, we got rained out i still have 3,000 out of my 7,000 to plant. well you shouldn't have so many acres if you had 3,000 you would be 3_4 done. but this is all my opinon

bigmac

You better buy three if you are going to buy a cat, cause its hard tellin how long it will be before their parts show up. lol. A 9860 will do about what two 9600s will do. Would two combines just be broke down twice as muchIJ You have two operators, wouldnt they be likely to be twice the problemIJ Using the two small machine logic we would all still be using horses.

ihc_afc

Kinze Mfg is working on one that will probably be bigger when it hits the market one of these days.

Rooster

I doubt very much if the Kinze combine will ever make it to production. Its economy of scale is_will be off the charts.

JHEnt

I think Farmshow mag ran an article about it. Kinzenbaugh is building as one of his personal hobby projects. Its basically 2 axialflows mounted into 1 frame. From what I understand it is 2 separate thresher separator assemblies and the whole machine is something over 20 feet wide. It, like the 24 row twinline that he now has standing upright in front of interstate I-80 is never meant to be sold just played with.

Big_Truck

Claas hooked up with Cat because N.American farmers would not have bought a Claas marketed machine because of the previous Claas experience in the early 80's.Paint it yellow and put Cat badges_engines in it and they bought it no problem.Your farmers don't like anything different,Its the same with truckers,your trucks have technology that went out in Europe in the 70's!!!! IE, Eaton range change boxes,double drive rear bogies,narrow cabs,choice of only 3 engine suppliers.Name me an American truck that gets 10 mile_gallon pulling 44 imperial ton that most European trucks doIJ

CatG

Being the "proud" owner of a 470 and, having owned Deere's in the past, I could care less about what CAT (a.k.a. Claas) is coming out with. Service, parts availability and parts pricing policies are the absolute "pits" with CAT. The truth is that Deere dealers know the plight of current CAT owners, and the Deere dealers are in no hurry to pay "big dollars" for CAT trades. Claas is still playing the same game they did back in the late 70's to mid 80's; - paint it a different color, label it a different name and maybe the naive farmers (like myself) will be idiotic enough to buy it. As far as the AGCO_CAT alliance is concerned, I think it's a joke to market the same equipment under so many different names and colours, and if I was a legacy Allis_AGCO dealer I'd be totally annoyed having a Challenger dealer setting-up shop right next to me, basically selling the same line of equipment. It's unfortunate; - the CAT_Claas combine is a truly "hungry" and somewhat reliable machine; - it just has a poor support infrastructure.