Combines Big truck

Big_Truck

Hello Farmboy, If you go to JD talk and look for my post on 7_3_03 to "9880sts" (demo driver for JD choppers in Germany) you will read why I would advise you to wait another year to let JD sort out the "gremlins" in the 7000 series if you want one of these.Claas and NH will introduce new Jaguar and FX choppers over this winter and we will be dealing to change our 2001 900 of which we can't praise highly enough.Our problem will be us and two other local agri contractors will be looking to trade three 900's at the same time and there is not a great second hand market for a 605hp chopper particularly when a new 890 is similarly priced.Could I interest you on importing a very cheap 2001 mint condition JAG 900 rwa with 3 metre grass pick-up and ru600 8 row Claas maize head!!!IJ

R72

What are they bringing outnext yr. I will be trying a 900 in about a wks time with a kernal processor. Can you get a 10 or 12 row head for the 900.

Big_Truck

I think Kemper make 10_12 row heads for the 900 but as far as I am aware the biggest Claas RU head is 8 row, but I am reliably informed that there will be a new premium "high" HP range of choppers introduced over the winter where the 605hp 900 will be the "baby"!!! The 16l Mercedes engine that is used in the 900 has the capacity to go to 1000HP if there is demand and for this Claas will no doubt have to market 10,12 or even 16 row heads to keep these monsters fed!! I would be interested to know what price you are quoted for a new_used 900 as I think you guys in the States pay over the odds for s.p choppers.

R72

i live in canada. the 900 with the two heads is just around the 500 grand the dealer is giving me 175 grand for my machine plus 45 grand for my 710 header. That is a lot of cash to come up with. My customer base has only grown by 5 in the past 2 yrs so that brings me up to 25 coustomers.

Big_Truck

Price for a new 900 Jaguar with rwa,autolube etc but no heads $255600 CAN, 10 row Kemper $93720 CAN 8 row Claas Ru600 also comes with 8 large weights for rear of chopper $80940 CAN. I can only get a quote of $21300 for a 3 metre wide pick-up for grass_hay as this is the widest that is available in the U.K. due to our narrow roads etc.Grand total with Kemper and Claas 3m pick-up $370620 CAN!!! All prices approx exchange rate of $2.13CAN_1.00 pound, Ever so slightly cheaper!!!

R72

Sorry my name is Colin. That sounds great but i don't have a lot of spare time. After i am done harvesting, chopping. My dad and i look after a 250 cow calf farm as well as a 2500 head feed lot, so time is very scarce. Thanks for the offer.

9880sts

hello r72 where you from in canada i have some meetings in canada around middle october and i was running beside a jag 900 with a 7800 it was just a great experience for the claas guys. but it would be intressting to meet you in canada. we replaced some jaguars this year for a 7000 jd. i saw the new jag and there is nothing changed only some details. backhood-buttons and style of the cab. there will be no bigger cab or an ivt transmission. 50 series and 7000 some people say there are no changes but what we changed is like you step from one world into another. have you seen a jaguar with handsfree cellphone systemIJ look around in the new 7000 you will find a lot of them. the new knive sharpener(great) we where going in 14foot tall corn 2 inch big plants with a 8 row kemper on 6 mm cut lenght 12km_H

Big_Truck

If this 7800 is so good why does the 900 still hold the world grass harvesting recordIJ Bear in mind that it is 250hp down on the 7800.We tried a 7500 demo,parked it at the side of the field ofter one hour as it kept breaking feedroller bolts (supposed to be a problem with 7000 series) trying to keep up with our 900!!!