Combines Big truck

Big_Truck

In Reply to: Big Truck posted by tobaboy on June 09, 2004 at 07:05:16: Sorry I took a while to reply,but have been busy building a header trailer for a new Claas direct drive disc mower type wholecrop header that we have got for the s.p. chopper as the silage wholecrop season is just around the corner.This we hope will double our daily acreage harvested as before we just used a "Forschritt" combine type header and it was slow especially in grassy crops. As for the separating area on our lex 570,yes when can manually adjust the cover plates on the rotors from outside the cab but the 2004 models can be adjusted from inside the cab via electirc motors on the cover plates and they can be adjusted open_closed inbetween etc.Other differences are bigger and roomier cab,redesigned chopper,redesigned rear end including access ladder and gas accumulaters on the concaves to eliminate shock loads of lumps,plugs, stones etc damaging the internals.I have never actually seen up close a CAT 485R so I can't for sure tell the difference with our Claas 570!!!