Combines Big truck

Big_truck

In Reply to: Re: Big truck posted by 9880sts on September 20, 2003 at 10:57:01: 9880sts, What are you doing with a 8 row on a 750hp chopperIJ I know of a couple of 900's in England running 10 row Kempers with no problem. I thought this big bad 7800 would easily run a 10 row or preferabley a 12 row maybe the chopping system can't take that amount of crop going inIJ

R72

Why were you only running 8 row head my 6950 is running the 10 row head from deer it handles that no problem. Big truck the dealer just deliverd the 900 with a 10 row kemper, I get to put on 250 hrs, all I have done with it is my head lands. Not to bad yet.

Big_Truck

Farmboy, As we say in Northern Ireland "Push the stick forward,give her full noise and feed her the ohmms" you'll not be disappointed!!!

Rotorhead

TOABOY BOY, After your third world country comment below, why would anyone respond to you. You ass, Rotorhead

tobaboy

Read the posts carefully my friend, I would never make such a comment. That comment was made by catmandont, he was referring to my country Canada as being third world, you should make sure before flying off the handle like that.

Rotorhead

Please accept my apology from me. I just get irratated with people who make stupid comments such as that. I'm sorry I flew off the handle. Catmandont is the emabarassment to his country. I tried to use stronger language but was sensored. Take care,

tobaboy

No worries fella, I knew who you meant to direct that at, I only wanted to clarify. Its unfortunate, but there are people like that in both countries, they are truly an embarrasment, they are all about division and are best to be ignored. So you run a deere, but you want a CAT, why is that and what is holding you back from getting oneIJ

Rotorhead

I really have reliabilty, and grain quality issues with my 9600. I have the machine JD inspected everywinter, do all the repairs recommended and still have trouble keeping the ol girl running. Only has 2600 sep hours, just keeps me very busy at harvest time. I tried a 460 and a 470r last summer. Both seemed very well built. I guess the biggest selling point to me is the pre seperator. The reason I don't have one yet is very dry here this spring and now way to wet. 10+ inched last 2 wks in may and more forcasted. Has really taken my spirits away from investing in new or late used equipment. It was in the cash flow for the year, but now it is wait and see. Where are you from, do you run the lexIJ

tobaboy

Ya too wet seems to be a common theme in recent weeks. I'm located near Brandon, Manitoba, we are soaking wet as well. We've received about 12-14" of rain since we took the crop off last fall and it is now raining again. Its difficult trying to get any spraying done, not only is it always raining, but its bloody cold, which means crop injury and poor weed control if your not careful. We've been running a 480 since '01, last winter we dealt on a 480r, I'm looking forward to getting it in the field. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we've been very satisfied with it; its capacity is nearly double our previous machine and we've only had a few hours down time in three seasons. The feederhouse slip clutch failed in year two, but besides that its always been operator error or foreign objects!!...darn stones! We looked at other machines before dealing on the 480r, in particular the CR970 and 9860STS. All machines were comparably priced, but when it came down to it, we simply had no reason to switch, plus I still feel that in our conditions (often tough),you can't beat the 480. Thats unfortunate about your wet weather, frustrating isn't itIJ I hope things dry up for you, where are you locatedIJ