Combines CAT corn head

Case_Farmer

Just curious...what don't you like about the newer style case headsIJ

Parn

From what I have seen, they don't cut up the stalks as well. I'm not sure though that the Case had a knife kit. I'll have to look in to it closer.

Coors_light

That's right, overlapping knife rolls will never do as good a job as kife rolls whose knifes operate parallel to each other, like the true case heads did before they went to the new holland design. knife to knife rolls take less power to do a better ajob than overlapping knifes and do not put as much trash into the combine or on top of the feederhouse.

Case_Farmer

YOu mean the new 2208 heads are the crappy john deere design i always laugh about im going to have full standing stalk's bent over threwout the field and not a smooth cutIJIJIJ

todd08

A big 10-4 to that, you see me grumping on the Case site, also they lose ears over the front if your corn isn't tall with ears 3 foot off the ground.

Case_Farmer

lOl I guess that means i should stick with the old school heads that we grease daily and keep working with those drive chains i so dearly love :)

clyde

The 1000 series head on the 2388 will do everything the cat head would do and I think it is better made and less expensive to work on. for example, the knives which are 15 dollars for case are 42 for cat. Both are same brand .

Case_Farmer

So if im going to spend 50,000 bucks on a freaking corn head what would you doIJ Im not getting a cat or deere...(sorry pep's) So with that said..now whatIJ lol