Combines CAT lexion 480 corn field trials to match 4 600 bu hourIJ

cat_man

i think it indicated 4300 bu_hr. i suppose that yield of corn has something to do with it.

Calstyl

It looks like it is showing about 4400 bushel an hour. That is similar to what we were running in 220+ bushel 18% corn in Texas with a 480. It ws the only combine with capacity and power to do that, especially in 2000. When the corn chaffer was installed we had some indications of 4500 bushel an hour on the CEBIS and low grain loss. Overall great capacity and nice to drive with the auto steering already back then. We heard they did more testing in rice in Texas. Yield would not be so high as the charts show, but loss would be low there to. I heard lexion is even better in rice with track here in California, but thats not on your charts.

chase

Having contacted several CAT_lexion 480 owners, I find my experience is on par at 3,400 bu_acre capacity in 200-220 bu_acre corn. But then, having conducted a corn field trial in 2003 with independent adjusters who measured harvest loss and weigh wagons to fine tune the performance measurements, I'm still have not heard from any other CAT_lexion 480 owner_operator who has conducted a similar field trial with detailed results. Note: the configuration for our CAT_lexion 480 did not have the deep tooth chaffer and thus, that could be a limiting factor in our experience.