Combines 9880STS

homer

I will vouch for "coors light", he's no salesman. All the equipment dealers I know wouldn't make statements like that. Everybody step back for a moment and think. Dealers are in the buisness buying and selling equipment. they don't run a charity, so they try to turn a profit. The selling part is self-explanitory, but they need to buy the trades. And when you buy something, you want to be able to turn around and sell it, thus green equipment is taken at a premium, especially at the CAT deader. He wants something on his lot that everybody will be interested in buying. CAT combines, like it or not, are a wildcard right now. Nobody, and that includes CAT people, knows what the future holds long term for those machines. Facts are 160+ years of stability do mean something. I'm not bashing, or horn blowing here, I'm just trying to tell you how the marketplace works. And speaking of the marketplace, I will agree that there are too many Maximizer combines on the market, but the bigger problem is that there isn't the disposal of equipment that there used to be. Years ago you would park your old tractor, combine etc in the bush, but we have 20-30 year old machines still in use. the people using them are happy, and it works for them, (and don't reply telling me how great you old machine works, I know, and I agree) but it is contributing to the problem as much as the excess of 2-3 year old trades on dealers lots. (It also speaks for the durability of the older stuff) The problem can't be pinned on one particular company, but it is a combination of company-dealer policies through the year. CAT isn't going to revolutionize the equipment industry, ever. After years of obscene margins on industrial equipment, the Ag market isn't that profitable on either side of the desk to want to stick around much longer. like it or not,(and most of you won't) that's the way it is.

New2Gleaner

Although Toromont or CAT refuse to bring any lexions into Ontario, I've twice driven to Illinois to see a CAT work, partially due to the fact that I'd love to replace my Deere 9610 and Gleaner C62 on one combine, and I doubt if a 9750STS would be suffice in doing so. After seeing a 485 work alongside a 9750STS, there is little doubt that the CAT exceeds the Deere in capacity, but NOT by any huge margin. The price difference does not commeasurate the difference in capacity; - the Deere is seemingly better value. As far as quality of the grain sample was concerned, the two machines were equal in both cases. Yes, it seems that the CAT dealers will have the option to continue to market lexions, but the Canadian Ford dealers were given that same option in 1979 and few rallied to the opportunity. With the CAT_Agco relationship, do you really think that AGCO is going to be content to see CAT-AG dealers marketing a competitive combineIJ Real estate (in Omaha)is not a predominant consideration to keep a foreign company's presence in North America, although I hope Claas can pull it off; - I enjoyed my Claas 106, which I purchased in 1983.