Combines Is cat going to keep selling combines

tobaboy

They sold close to 40 new lexions in manitoba last year and have ordered many more for the coming season, we bought one ourselves to replace our 2001 480, I hope they keep selling them, they've been a real treat to operate. Pigman got the boot a long time ago.

justapurrin

according to claas they are not going to stop selling combines in the US anytime soon, they are just gettting started, however i was told the 500's aren't coming anytime soon either as they are basiclly the same as the "R" series. The 500's are also for the European market and not made with the same parts that we need in the us to make them last the amount of hours we put on them!!!! The "R" series was made before the 500s and that is what the 500's are based on. another interesting fact they told me was they can keep caterpillars name and paint scheem for as long as they want as long as they keep using cats color and there sticker the way cat wants it!

farmboy

Yea, They are a Claas combine, just with the CAT color and name. Claas is using CAT to market their combines, and dealerships to distribute them. They just built a new assembly plant in Omaha, NE a couple a years ago and I was just out there a month ago. They are still going strong and plan on continuing production.

Il_Farmer

Hi Folks , I had a major run in with this Pig Man buddy. COOl Guy. But went overboard with his JD loyalty. However coming back, I had once been a part of the plant tour they do to Germany and recently my friend from Manitoba was there too. Guys if you get a chance make it. Their plant is just so awesome like their combines. Huge machines those. lovely ones. Makes you feel very proud to own a lEXION. The beer tastes just so awesome TOO and if you look around you can do all sorts of funny things like cycle 3 miles or so drink as much beer as you can and come back. That's a competition and more the beer , more the points. HOwz that for a starter.

land_Surfer

I live in an area of Illinois where I am relatively close to four different Cat dealers, three of which are very strong in the lexion business. From the looks of things, I would say these Cat dealers are into lexion for the long haul, as well as Challenger. These Cat dealers make huge money and it seems that when they get into something they do it in a big (quality) way. I have watched three out of the four dealers compound their ag business many times over, lexion included. Each season they seem to get better in most aspects (parts, service, sales, support) than the previous season, which is a very good strength indicator showing growth and opportunity. Their product line has expanded, not only from Challenger, but some of the dealers have been picking up some very competitive shortliners too. They have become very price competitive in all products and from what I have heard from talking with friends is that most of their shop and field rates have been separated from or do not follow their construction rates. In addition to building what I would call one of the finest ag dealerships and shops (very modern and automated),my home dealer has actually taken all service and parts support for most of Illinois and Eastern Iowa Ag-Chem products, which I think is very reassuring to a farmer (if they can handle a bunch of fertilizer dealers, how's bunch of farmers going to effect them, I would be glad to get back to working with farmers after pre-plant season). They have tripled their general ag field force and have added many more shop technicians. I would say that the growth in just these few Cat dealers alone is a pretty good indicator as to what the other Cat dealers are doing, showing pretty good security and a bright future for lexion.