Combines Bi Rotor

SilverTurnedGreen

I've heard from a fairly reliable (Deere employee) source that Deere has all but abandoned any ideas of duplicating the BiRotor concept, although he stated that Deere might incorporate come elements_technologies of the Bi-Rotor into future Deere products. It was his opinion that Deere basically bought the Bi-Rotor to keep competitive companies from buying it and putting it to market, although I would question that mindset. I think Deere has hit "pay-dirt" with thier STS line.

FarmBuddy

I think your words are exactly right "all but abandoned development on the Bi-Rotor". Even most of their internal personnel are not aware of the outside work being done on the new combines.

SilverTurnedGreen

I think we're on the same page. The Bi-Rotor would have given any company a remarkable (and marketable) combine technology to compete with anything else on the market, including the lexion, but I differ from your remarks towards the lexion. When you're market share is zero (such as Cat's combine market share was several years ago) you're market share can ONlY increase; - there's nothing less than zero. Claas always built a quality combine, and they continue to build a quality machine to this day, but there is very little revolutionary about a Cat_Claas lexion. In fact, they remind me very much of the Deere CTS, only alot larger in capacity. Plus, Cat's indecisiveness as to whether they want to be in the "AG" market DOES NOT leave a "warm and Fuzzy Feeling" inside me; - I want to know that my equipment manufacturer and dealer network is stable and intact for years to come, and one of Deere's best qualities is the fact that they have been (and continue to be) very focused, stable, innovative and fiscally responsible through good times and bad. My goal in combine ownership is to seperate the grain from the stem as efficiently and profitably as possible, and Deere has always delivered. Another companies "marginally" better (but unproven) approach does not interest me, and Cat's recent sale of thier tracked-tractor division clearly tells me that they're not interested in the farm equipment business. Maybe someday this will change.

FarmBuddy

Some die-hard, color blind, green guys crack me up.. . lOl... but we still like 'em all !! That is so bogus, saying that the lexion is just larger than a CTS....

SilverTurnedGreen

Perhaps you should remove your "yellow-tinted glasses" and read my previous post again; - I said the lexion REMINDS me of a CTS, and I'm not sure "where you're going" with your boring statistical comparisons (which are listed in similar order from the brochure); - the electric worm gear concave positioning and concave adjustments seem to work fine, so why change it. I wouldn't consider myself to be a "diehard, colour-blind green guy" since I'm still "blessed" with owning a Gleaner C62, although I've noticed in almost EVERY post you've made that you're responses seem to have a very distinct "yellow-slant" to them; - could you possibly be affiliated with CAT or AGCOIJIJIJ Hmm!!! Before I get too "Catty" with my response (no pun intended),let me say that I stand by my previous post. Having owned AGCO product through the Allis Chalmers_Duetz_AGCO transition, I have learned that it does not pay to participate in a "test market", and with Cat's recent decision to clearly and abruptly exit the AG business, anyone buying a CAt_lexion_Challenger product is (to a certain degree) "chancing it"! Just ask any North American farmer who's owned a Claas; - in fact, ask me, because I owned a Dominator 106. I paid nearly "Deere price" for it, and I was credited "Belarus value" for it when I traded it in. The Dominator was an excellent, well engineered combine, but as owners we were left sitting when there dealer network and marketing initiatives collapsed. I will give credit where credit is due, however. You strongly believe in your product with the hopes that things will get better, and you sell your beliefs very hard! Deere doesn't have to sell hard; - they've built thier market share by producing quality equipment, giving great service and remaining fiscally responsible and stable throughout the years. Maybe CAT_AGCO will achieve this in the next 20 years, who knows!

bill1

I can shed some light into Farmbuddy's background. I believe he works for Cat or is it Claas marketing in Omaha, NEIJIJIJ He may have worked_fired from a few othersIJIJIJ

John_W

Go to the library and look for a copy of "Dream Reapers" by Craig Canine. This book is the story of the developement of the Bi-Rotor combine by Mark Underwood and those who helped him. It also has some pictures. It is also a good read for anyone interested in combines, inventions and just how hard it is to get a new product on the market.

ImpartialOne

Go to FarmPhoto.com and click on the "Prototype" section along the left column. There you will find a pic of the infamous Bi-Rotor XBR2 in action!

ImpartialOne

Ignore my message below. Go to www.geocities.com_agmachinery and click on the "Prototype" section! THERE you will find the infamous BiRotor XBR2! Sorry about the confusion!