Combines Bi Rotor

Green_Envy

Sure could. My email is lawallewein@student.msun.edu. I plan on using my Dream Reaper book but I can probably use a some help on some of the technical stuff. Thanks.

dakota

I have taken some photos of the birotor myself. I would be happy to email those to you. There is also a book "Dream Reaper" written about it, that I have. And somewhere we have this video, too.

Green_Envy

That would be great if you could send me some pictures. My e-mail is lawallewein@student.msun.edu. Thanks

cycl

All right a fellow Cyclone posts on here as well. Sounds like you might be an AST or AgE gradIJ Bi-Rotor was a real machine hope the deere boys put some more of its innovation to use.

farmboy

Yep, I'm an AST major. I agree that the Bi-rotor was a real machine. I think John Deere just bought it so they wouldn't have more competition in the market. Too bad they haven't developed it further and actually marketed it. They'd be running far ahead of any other combine if they did that.

FarmBuddy

By 1994 John Deere was committed to the design and development of their own rotary combines; their new STS Single Tine Separation system combines were slated for introduction in 1998. The STS was an evolutionary design based on their existing CTS Cylinder Tine Separation technology. JD probably realized it would be best to find a way to remove this new, threatening combine (the Bi-Rotor) from their lucrative and favorite market in order to maintain their marketing plans for the STS.