Combines 480 at buxton n d auction

Il_Farmer

Hi Catman , Welcome to the party buddy. I would suggest you have the guys from Butler have a good look at your machine. From what i understood from their sales reps, they have a maximum care program for used machines out their on their website. So that would be something i would look at. But if you get the first things right, before harvest this machine is a beauty. It simply out performs anybody and would go on and on. Your money is in good hands.

land_Surfer

The maxi care program is a great deal. In a nut shell, your Cat dealer inspects your lexion and whatever is found wrong, probably according to a check-list, is repaired at your cost and another year's worth of warranty is applied to your lexion at no charge other than repairs. So, if repair cost is zero to low, then you basically got another year's warrant for nothing. A darn good deal for those of us who like to keep our combines for up to five years. Check with your Cat dealer for more info.

cat_man

that warrenty sounds good. but does it only apply to new machinesIJ ours is a 2000 model, but that is kind of how he described the 1 year warranty. it has to be inspected, then the warranty is good for 1 year. he never mentioned future years. it was ziegler who sold it. the only problem now is finding a used header for it, cause the macdons are selling like crazy round here.

tobaboy

Hey fella, no worries on the advice, I hope you like it as much as we like ours. I think I recall you saying you'll be threshing canola with it among other thingsIJ Make sure the combine has the rotor filler plates, otherwise you'll be disappointed with its performance in canola. Our first year with the lexion we did most of our canola without the plates in, when they finally brought them out and installed them, we doubled our speed and left less on the ground. If you need any advice on settings, just let me know. Your dockage in canola, assuming a clean crop, should be around 1%, same for wheat, give or take 0.5%.

Farmerman

My brother just bought a 2001 lexion 470 with 525 hrs at an auction. We combine barley, wheat, canola, and peas in N. Central Alberta. Would this combine have the filler plates in already, or do they have to be ordered in separatelyIJ Do you leave them in for all crops, or just use them for doing canolaIJ How many plates should we install and where is the best place to put themIJ I am running a 9650 STS and we are curious to see the machines in the field sise by side. How are they going to compareIJ Thanks, Farmerman.

cat_man

thanks, i am sure we will have some questions from time to time

cat_man

thanks, i am sure we will have some questions from time to time

nod

No Comparision. I have had both and have run them both side by side. That Cat will go by the JD so fast it will suck the green paint right off it!

Farmerman

If that's the case, then the 25 foot flex header that came with it is not going to be big enough. I will keep you posted come fall time. Did you have filler plates in the 470 also. We got a cover made for the back end of the separator on the 9650 STS so that the shoe doesn't get overloaded. We just use it in dry conditions.

tobaboy

Same idea for the lexion, they are in there to prevent shoe overload in dry conditions. You can check by dropping the rotor pan, there are 4 smaller ones on the bottom side and 1 large one on the top side. We never remove the top one and usually leave at least one of the smaller ones in all the time. In canola they all go in. In peas it doesn't really matter. Wheat and Barley it depends on conditions and yield. The plates are not convenient to put in and out so we generally don't do much switching around. Apparently a kit is coming out that will allow you to put them in and out without dropping the rotor plan...finally!! This would be quite welcome, apparently the 500 series lexions in europe have this option. SC Alberta rightIJ How are you guys for moisture this yearIJ Have you started seeding yetIJ I'm from SW Manitoba, probably start seeding on monday.