Combines 480 at buxton n d auction

tobaboy

The 470 will only suck the paint off your 9650 if its tough, otherwise the capacity of the two will be similar. The 480 has quite a bit more capacity then the 470 simply because of the larger separating and cleaning area. What you'll probably find with the 470 in a lot of cases is that its overpowered, cleaning area will likely limit you before HP ever does, especially in the crops you'll be threshing. I look forward to hearing your comparison at the end of the season.

Farmerman

Thanks! It was actually North Central Alberta. Moisture conditions here are good for seeding--plan to start early next week. Regarding next fall I will report on the comparison. The 9650 STS is generally limited by cleaning capacity before hp also. I have been pleasantly surprised by its performance in tough conditions--when slightly tough very good performance, because the shoe doesn't get overloaded. We generally have a lot of straw to deal with. The updated cleaning system in the new 60 series is supposed to have 20% more cleaning capacity. How come JD engineers couldn't see that the cleaning area would not be sufficient--it is less than that of a 9600. Oh well, we have a very good local JD dealership. The Cat one is about 150 km away. We will see what happens this fall. If my nephew is grinning too often as he passes me, something might have to change. Happy seeding.

Il_Farmer

Hi Catman , Ziegler sold it IJIJ Isn't butler the CAT dealer in your areaIJIJ However the Maxicare is for Used lEXIONs and its a darn good deal. Even if the dealer does not know im sure the guys at the lEXION company can help you

bigpower

Farmerman, congrats on your purchase of the lexion 470. That was the Moffitt's machine was it notIJ From what Stewart Auction was telling me, it was a great deal for you! Call me if you ever need any help with settings etc. 780-933-0399

Farmerman

My brother bought the machine, and yes, they told us it is the Moffitt machine. Thanks a lot for the offer for advice--we will see what happens come fall time. Are you running filler plates in your machineIJ If so, how many and whereIJ What crops are you combiningIJ We live just north of Barrhead. Where are you fromIJ We are about one-third done seeding. How about youIJ