Combines rotor plates

Big_truck

Hi Tobaboy, We hope to get our combines stuck into winter barley around the 14th July.The lexion 570 RWA will at least look the part this year as the "disguises" of 470 stickers and some body panels have been changed due to us getting her as a pre-marketed machine last year!!! It looks as if its going to be a real good harvest here in the U.K. this year,as here in Northern Ireland we've just had the 6th warmest May sence records began!!! I cannot ever remember a 1st cut grass silage season where we where not held up by rain for a day or week or two!! We have harvested around 2200 acres of grass with the Claas 900 and are looking forwrd to a flat out race to get the majority of 2nd cut grass ensiled before the grain harvest starts, good luck on your harvest.

Darryl

Tobaboy, Have you had any luck in getting your automatic blanking plates for your combine. I own a JD CTS, which could benefit from automatic blanking plates as well. Do you know if each plate is a large one piece design with a hinge on one end and some kind of attachment on the other end, or is it a series of small doors that flips closed. I would be interested in seeing how the claus machines do it. If you have a good parts website or first hand knowledge I would apprecitate it. It sure would be nice to adjust them from the cab. Truck driver could inspect the ground while you hit the switch and the machine would never have to stop.

tobaboy

I believe there is a picture of the rotor plates on the Claas UK website. The ones we have in our 480 are of a very simple design. There is one large one on top of the rotor, which never comes out, then there is 4 smaller ones on the bottom side of the rotor, these are kept in place by three long rods which run from one end of the rotors to the other. If you want to remove a plate you just pull the quick pins that hold the rods in place and slide one of them back out of the way, by sliding one rod out of the way you can remove the plates, its simple really, but I think perhaps that I'm doing a really bad job of explaining!

Darryl

Thanks Tobaboy, If you get any more info, I would appreciate hearing it.