Combines off topic mt 865

land_Surfer

The suspension on the MT tracked Challengers is second to none...a real CAT innovation. I have three MT's (865, 2-765's). MT's use common undercarriage components for each model size (geared more towards the 800 capacity than the 700, thus, an extremely stout row-crop). The ability to manually crank in and out the row-spacing beats anything available when changing row spacing for different types of applications (takes no more than 1 hour, just as easy as changing the row-spacing on a JD 6500 Hi-Cycle sprayer). Road speed is 26mph for both models and I have yet to find an application they can't handle, nor a tool (respectively) they can't pull. All three have Beeline Arro guidance and that has saved so much fuel and time. My brother has an JD 8970 and pulls a 7 shank DMI Ecolo-Tiger 16-18" deep at 5-6 mph in our silty-clay loam. When demoing the MT765 up to the ripper to see what it would do..."it pulled the same depth and speed as the ballasted 8970 with 900 metric duals, that right there pushed me over the edge to go MT's. The cab is amazing and powershifitng is the most convenient pratical a system I have ever seen. After looking over the MT's, to see where all of the components originated and_or made, I was comforted to know that most are still CAT. I was told by my dealer that the MT's have more Cat componentry than the previous E series and row-crops.

Ed_Boysun

I have the 30" Extreme duty belts on my 845. The grousers are wider and closer together so you have more rubber face touching the ground and thus less compaction where they run. The cab is super also. I believe the best on the market today.