Combines fine cut chopper and twin chaff spreaders for sale

cat_man

i am the other cat man from n.w. mn, boy was that other "catman" fired up!! anyways, is that chopper from your 480r supposed to spread quite a bit wider than our 2000 modelIJIJ well it maybe doesn't matter for me this year, as everything was frosty this morning. everything that didn't drown out, is now gonna freeze! how are things in your areaIJIJ

tobaboy

Ya the chopper we're pulling off of our 480r is more than likely a better chopper then what you will have on your 2000. Our 2001 had it, but 2001 was the first year in which it was available. Its a Redekop chopper, you can get 30+ feet of spread in cereals, the chopper blades have a fin on them in an attempt to generate more velocity, its not like we were disappointed with it, but rather we felt that the MAV would be that much better. We are very cold and wet up here in Manitoba, crops are about 2 weeks behind normal, but given the circumstances they look pretty good, they are going to be short however. Some of our early seeded spring wheat is going into flag and is only about 8-10" high, it looks kind of funny, the leaves are long and wide, but the internodes just aren't elongating. How has your 480 stood upIJ

combinekalashnikov

Hey catman, I traded my 480 in Kewanee Illinois Did you buy one from thereIJ They said it went to a man in minn. Do you have any interest in a twelve row headIJ

combinekalashnikov

Hey catman, I traded my 480 in Kewanee Illinois Did you buy one from thereIJ They said it went to a man in minn. Do you have any interest in a twelve row headIJ I also have a 30 ft flex head in somewahat of a state of dis repair if you need one of those.

cat_man

it has stood up pretty well, (it hasn't left the shed yet),but we should find out when we start grass in 2 weeks.

cat_man

no, didn't get the 485 from illinois, bought it locally. there is no corn in this area, as for the flex head, we didn't get any beans planted this year, because it rained every other day for 6 weeks. i am kind of in the market for a 36' macdon.