Combines 500 s

kp

Any idea on when they will be hitting our continentIJ What kind of changes did they makeIJ

justapurrin

yeah from what i was told they are here already and if you have a machine ordered up for this fall it will come as a 500 series. The new cab is a lot bigger and the machine on the outside is more rounded like everyone elses machine is now, ie Jd, Case, and NH. Aside from that the factory wasn't real forth coming with facts about what else is new. i was also told that claas was coming with another machine bigger then the 480. this was not the factory speaking but a friend of mine. he said a bigger unloader, and grain tank other then that the 480 is already too big for most farmers so why the hell make a bigger oneIJIJ. lol lol

bigmac

I prefer to buy my equipment made right here in the old usa. Dam germans dont have a good word to say about us trying to stab us in the back in the middle east, no help with terrorist. The are not getting my money. You can support terrorism if you like.

FarmBuddy

Hmmm, BigMac, I found your view to be interesting but perhaps not looking at the big picture. John Deere probably has more employees in Zweibruken and other Germany facilities than Claas has. The reason that Bush gave for invading Iraq are now less credible; where are the weapons of mass destructionIJ How many other Iraq lives and families have we disrupted during our invasionIJ I've never felt too comfortable about out reasons for going from Afganastan into Iraq. Fahrenheit 911 is worth viewing for additional consideration. Perhaps Bush does have us there more for his personal and oil objectives. If so, wouldn't we be better off building our own corn _ soy ethanol plants and own energy sourcesIJ lexions have their final assembly plant in Omaha along with many other US parts and components. You can maintain your John Deere fever if you want, but be aware that they are a very good marketing company. They are also the company that bought up the seventeen Bi-rotor patents and put it on the back burner so you would not be able to buy a single power unit that could cost effectively do your planting, spraying and harvesting with a single investment in one cab, engine, powertrain, and autotrack system which could have automatically flowed the same path through the field in spring summer and then fall harvest, (or fall and summer for you wheat belt growers) We had a good plan back in 1995 until JD stepped in and shelved it. They want you to buy a big tractor(s),sprayers, commodity carts, planter, seeder and combine(s). Sells more cabs, engines, and wheels and tires. $$$$ Hmmmmm.

bigmac

You seem like you may be an alright guy. Jd may be the best marketers in the world ,second only in my mind to columbian drug lords . I am not by any stretch of the imagination, branded. I think JD is in the lead on combines at the moment. I will take your input.

FarmBuddy

Thanks for your compliments and consideration of another view point. I also believe that JD is probably market leader in combines in North America. Their combines are decent products, fairly reliable, and suitable for a large majority of crops. Good comfort and styling along with a broad dealer network and good parts support are also among their strengths in most areas. They have some design and field performance weaknesses but grain loss and grain damage is not a big issue for many farm operations.