Combines 90 foot planter

rightsaidfred

It does seem more of a gimmick. After set up, maintenance, transport, end rows, markers, storage, etc., two 18 row planters would seem to be alot more practical. Where is farm labor so scarce that you cannot find someone to run another planterIJ

Cutter

Oh, it's scarce, trust me. It is so scarce, we gave up a baling hay (no one wants to ride the rack or go to the barn anymore, no matter how much you pay them...they would rather work somewhere else for minimum wage or not work at all, in the heat summer). We also decided to go to no-till seven years ago so that we could manage the work ourselves vs. trying to find and keep qualified hired help. It's tough out there to find good help. I guess you get what you pay for. We aren't a fortune 500 company. And, what farm labor has to understand is they are like a farmer who rents land...land is always negotiable and can always be pulled out from under you. Therefore, we don't promote that you make a career out of working for us, but you are going to get a fare day's pay for a fare day's work in a good environment.

cornbread

A 765 challenger a magnum or a johdeere 8520 all have plenty of oil flow to run the 36 row planter. Is it really neededIJ If you have 6000 acres of corn to plant and you have a ten to fifteen day window ,You can pay for it in a year, depending on the year. Why would anyone want to run two planters when you could just have oneIJ I would much rather pay one qualified person more money than hire two. Why not 6 six row plantersIJ Because it is stupid.

hop_a_l

We run a 36-20 with rasion drive, and pull it with a Cat 55 no problem other than the weight of the planter.

bookem

The DB (deere bauer ) planters are built in my backyard . Paton Ia . There are two in my area pulled with JD 8520 FWA tractors . seem to get along fine .