Combines Farm BuddyIJIJIJ

FarmBuddy

I would consider bringing the trailer and presentation to Canada, but there is a big variation in distances to Manitoba or Sask. Where do you have in mindIJ It is only 300 miles up to the south part of Ontario from base here in south central Indiana. ASAE meeting is in Ottawa in a couple weeks. But a trip to Regina or Saskatoon would take more time and planning. I'll be out in Colorado on Saturdaythen morning 23 July, back to Kansas over the weekend and across Illinois to IN early in the week. Regarding the various Bi-Rotor features, I believe that farmers will continue to seek additional capacity, better grain quality, and less grain loss in their future combines. Consequently, I have to also believe that John Deere has enough farm boy background engineers to understand the numerous benefits of its many features. A rotating concave increases Fc, provides 360degrees of separation, even wear pattern around the cage, dynamic vane angles via adjustable concave RPM, etc. The current cross augers and elevators have a lot of bearings, grain damaging augers, etc. There is a lot of flexibility and simplicity of the dual path grain handling system as it circulated around the perimeter of the separator body. Side hill performance and shoe loading distribution could probably be improved via the lateral distributor shaker fingers but I suspect that JD would rather sell their Sidehill version combines since they have those parts in the system and get a pretty good $30K premium on them. Pulling air from overhead air intake systems was effective and seems to make sense to me, so I'd think this will be worked into their future combine designs. If their current STS family is allowed to run their typical 10 year life span, I guess we might not see these improvements until say around 2008. These things just take time and you can not stop progress. After they get everyone to buy up sprayers, tractors, combines, commodity carts, and air seeders, they might even market a versatile power unit by 2010.

magnum_man

What exactly is your road showIJ Maybe I missed it somehwere.

FarmBuddy

No two road shows are ever the same. Generally, I include a presentation on three or four topics and a lot of customer QandA that I learn a lot from. Topics often include History of rotary combines, discussion, powerpoint presentation, picture book and videos of prototype combines, ie articulated designs, pros and cons of tires, half tracks, full tracks, combines with square balers towed behind, bio mass collection systems, combines with planters on the front, versatile power systems with sprayers on front, demise of current auto guide systems, cotton harvesting, tomato harvesting challengeds, status of the XBR2 Bi-Rotor a decade later update, trailer displays of fifty scale model combine, durability and performance results of red, green, yellow combines in the Machinerylink fleet. My best guess of twenty design changes that you will probably see in the next decade, etc. Quarter and 1_3 scale combine plans, etc. General topics like that, but limited to two or three hours. Pick your topics, send a $1K, buy some brew and I'll plan on being there. If they are not interested in combines, I can always revert to mind reading demonstations or card tricks and usually lose all the funds back to the crowd. The farmer discussions are always the best part anyway.

land_Surfer

What are you referring to when mentioning the "demise of current auto-guide systems," as a topic for presentationIJ

FarmBuddy

By demise of current auto-guide systems, I was thinking of the current inability to record the planting path of the tractor and apply it and reuse it for subsequent auto-steering for sprayers and_or subsequent harvesting operations. The current practice of towing planters and having rear boom sprayers will give away to front mounted planters and front mounted sprayers and therefore coincide with the current front mounted picker _ header position and path and its relation to the cab roof mounted antenna. Then we will enjoy true and repeatable auto guideance throughout the crop season, instead of the current parallel path auto guide technology that just works, somewhat for each operation. More info available during the FarmBuddy Combine Comedy (TM) tour. I don't care who you are, that's funny.